Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Alacantra

Votes: 8 17.8%
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starting on some interior mods for the SVT. What material should i get my shift boot? Leather, Alacantra, or Carbon fiber? I know the SVT comes with a leather boot but i'm going to do every option with red stiching to compliment the outside color.
Carbon fiber

Leather

Alacantra

Thanks

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I'd do alacantra w/ the red stitching only if you're gonna do the ebrake boot also.

If your not...then i'd stick with the leather w/ red stitching. The leather will still keep the stockish looks but the stitching will add a bit of subtleness to it ;)

·
Registered
340 Posts
What is your overall theme that you are going with? ie brushed aluminum, titanium, etc...

·
Banned
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Probably a mix of carbon fiber and titanium I don't want to do a lot of either but a little combination. Still debating I'm just trying to get a few unique things in the car and go from there. For reference this is going to be my shift knob

·
Focus Fanatic
7,252 Posts
The CF one looks pretty sweet, but I like leather ones a lot more.
I added the leather svt one to mine, and its much nicer than the stock ones.
Leather with red stitching would look sweet in your car.

·
Banned
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have no clue, i was ooking for that so i could either match the material or put in the red stiching.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Reactions: jgustafson

·
Premium Member
6,581 Posts
I have leather but I debated the "carbon fiber" look. Are you getting a true CF boot? Most of the ones I've seen are actually vinyl embossed with the weave pattern.

If it's real CF fabric, I'd go with that.

·
Banned
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have leather but I debated the "carbon fiber" look. Are you getting a true CF boot? Most of the ones I've seen are actually vinyl embossed with the weave pattern.

If it's real CF fabric, I'd go with that.
Its real carbon fiber, I'm leaning towards the alacantra though since I did find an e-brake boot to match, thanks grateful life!, I think I just need one more item to match the alacantra with to complete the theme. Also i might do a carbon fiber radio bezel with an engraved or imprinted SVT logo.

·
Registered
159 Posts
are you sure u want to do the alacantra tho? it looks like a pain to clean em up. just imagine piles of dust on that kind of fabric. Won't be possible to clean it up using clothes, and brush will damage the fabric.
*just to keep in mind.. =)

·
Banned
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
^^That too lol. I think i'm gonna end up going with the leather because the alacantra and carbon fiber would stick out way too much and I don't know how much more interior stuff i want to do. Thanks for the input guys! And if anyone is selling a Euro ST170 center console PM me thanks

·
Banned
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
the shift boot is the real carbon fiber thats from shiftstyle.com but i couldn't find a matching ebrake boot of the same quality so i decided to pass.

·
Focus "Sleeper"
1,619 Posts
I dont like the Alacantra, it doesn't look very good.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts