Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking to doll up a few things on the inside by spending not so much cash, haha. Just for now so I can enjoy the ride a bit more. Is putting a shift boot on an auto weird or classy?

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
Really, it's up to you. If you can figure out how to do it so it looks OEM, go for it. Many manufactures use/used boots on there automatic shift levers.

·
Registered
288 Posts
On other cars that have a shift position indicator in the dash, this would be an OK idea. Not sure how it would work in our cars.

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
As long as you only use P R N D, you should be fine figuring it out without the indicator. It would be harder/possibly hazardous if you try using 2 1 for engine braking, though.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was going to see how well I can get this done and just keep a cut out area for the PRND items. I've been researching materials needed and costs first. Going with some Walmart flare or other stores similarly. See what I can get at local fabric and craft shops as well like real leather, etc.

Once I get time next weekend I'll write up a How-To

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
All you do is pull the consol out the select shift area is seperate. Wrap your knob, let the leathers droop over the selection, and replace the consol. It will be a tight fit holding the boot area down well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts