Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok.....here is the deal.....I cannot find a leak that I have.........anywhere? All I know is that it's dripping onto the trannny mount(dog bone) and it's causing that to decay. Does anyone know where I should look? I have looked at the value cover, but that is kinda clean. Any clues....anybody?

Thanks!

·
Dragon Warrior
309 Posts
go to autozone buy some engine oil florescent dye and get a black light. Run the car for at least 2 days. Jack up the vehicle and support it with jackstands. Get under were you suspect the leak is coming from and start looking.

you can trace the oil leak yourself. Goodluck

·
Registered
359 Posts
Have you figured out what the fluid is that's leaking? Motor oil, tranny fluid, coolant? That would help in trying to figure out where it's coming from...

·
Registered
356 Posts
if its eating the rubber in the dogbone... I would say its brake fluid. The master cyl is just above there isnt it? regular motor oil doesnt eat rubber.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I agree. I am gonna make an educated guess and say brake fluid based on location.

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Moved to: "Ford Focus Technical Chat"

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey guys...thank you very much for all the info and all the help. I will get that stuff(dye) this weekend and try to figure it out.

Side note: Why was this moved to Ford Focus Technical chat? I thought this was the "SVT" forum and "any" issues that related to your SVT could be discussed here? Is this incorrect?

·
Dragon Warrior
309 Posts
it can cross over to more than just the SVT and it is a technical problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts