Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to lower the rear of my svt. I know its lowered already as compared to a stock focus, but it still looks like its sticking up a bit and I want it lower.

How can I lower my rear like 1" - will all the focus lowering springs work?

Ive had good experience with eibach in the past, how much will their sportline drop - 2.2" in. for normal zx3's rear really drop my car from its current standing?

Are the sportlines rougher then the pro-kit that only drop it 1.5"

I really am getting annoyed with my body roll at higher speeds, guess next step is a good front strut, any suggestions?[thumb]

·
Registered
321 Posts
All springs that work with the base ZX3 will work with the SVT. It is my understanding that the SVT is about 3/4 of an inch lower than the base model, so springs for the base will lower the SVT 3/4 of an inch less than the advertised amount.

So, for example, if sportlines lower a base ZX3 2.0 front and 2.2 rear, then they should lower the SVT about 1.25 front and 1.95 rear.

As for roughness, I really don't know, but I heard the spring rates on the sportlines were very very similar to the rates of the stock SVT springs.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm I wonder if dropping my rear another two will make it noticably lower then the front... but if its 3/4 then the 1.5 proline drop really is only like what under a inch? Not sure if that would even be noticable =/

1 - 3 of 3 Posts