Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would I need to shave the emblems off my car?? I just want to take the SE, and the Focus off the back of the trunk. Got any tricks???

·
Registered
109 Posts
Laidman

This is seriously a 10 minute job in your drive way....

I did it on mine and it came out great....

The emblems are really nothing more then 3-d Stickers... It's sticky 3M taped on...

Here is what I did Step by Step...

The (ZTS) on mine, (SE) on yours I just used an old Autozone gift card and GENTLY pried up enough to pull it off... You could use anything, as long as it doesn't scratch the paint.. Credit Card, plastic ruler, Dental Floss works well too...

Same for the FOCUS logo... Just peel it off.

Now, when you do this the adhesive tape will be left behind in clumps.. Get a can of Surface Prep from any auto parts store...

[wave] PLEASE LISTEN CAREFULLY!!! DO NOT GET PAINT STRIPPER!!! LOOK FOR SURFACE PREP AND MAKE SURE ON THE CAN IT SAYS,, WILL NOT HARM CURED PAINT....[bash]

You may also find (if anyone still sells the stuff) Emblem Adhesive REMOVER.

Anyway, if you don't find any of these things then un-diluted simple green or 90% Isopropyl Alcohol will work too.. Just not as well.... Use a Shop Rag or some other non-polishing type rag.. (I used an old Wash-Cloth) soak the cloth in the Prep-Sol and just use it on the stickys left behind until they are gone... This Part takes the longest.... Once they are all gone wash the car or at least the rear-end and put a little wax, or buffing compound on it to seal the area cause if you do get the surface prep it WILL take ALL the wax off in that area...

But that's it... I mean it's like I said, a 10 minute job in the driveway and about $6-$8 bucks for the Prep-Sol.

Hope this gets the job done for you.. Post a photo when your done so we can check it out...

[thumb] [thumb]

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
gasoline will get the sticky stuff off like its nothing, just use sparingly and wash it off when your done

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
I'm glad to see it was a 10 minute job for you Focus~Racer. Cause it took me like and hour in the hot summer sun.[:(]

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I'm hoping that it only takes 10 minutes. Because its -3 C outside and I don't want to be out very long. But yeah I'm gonna take before and after pics and let you know how it went. Thanks for all the help[wiggle]

·
Registered
118 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
will the same prodedure work for those gay ass dealer badges? I bought mine at a VW dealership, so i have a huge ass VW / Audi emblem on the back. i've been wanting to take it off since i got the car, but i wasnt sure if the same procedure would work....

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
as long as the dealer logo just uses sticky tape, probably.

mofo, the idea of using gas on a painted surface (even for s hort amount of time) seems a little scary to me. probably works, but i'd recommend using something along the lines of what Focus~Racer recommended. Bug and Tar remover is essentially the same thing, and works just as well.

Maybe I'll get around to debadging mine today....hmmmm....

Mike

·
Registered
187 Posts
any suggestions for removing the dealer sticker? it's just a simple 2d white sticker

·
Registered
310 Posts
Use a credit card to take it off or fishing line and goo-gone to take the crap off.

·
Registered
187 Posts
k, will try it later when i'm by the car and have some free time

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
if gasoline harmed the paint from this, then you would have no paint anywhere near your fuel door or inside it

·
Registered
348 Posts
all i did was use a hairdryer and peel it off with my fingers and after that just used black magic quick detalier and bam badgeless.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts