Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just put on the svt suspension partially because of how cheap it is. $400 for everything shipped. I don’t notice a huge difference honestly. Handling improved only slightly and stance is maybe 1/2 inch different. Unless you have money to burn it’s a great option. I would have done a better aftermarket setup, but I just don’t have a couple grand myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I just put on the svt suspension partially because of how cheap it is. $400 for everything shipped. I don’t notice a huge difference honestly. Handling improved only slightly and stance is maybe 1/2 inch different. Unless you have money to burn it’s a great option. I would have done a better aftermarket setup, but I just don’t have a couple grand myself.

Sorry I didn’t reply. Was heading to bed. Graveyards suck. The more I research, the more it’s pointing to just do svt. How’s your ride on dippy roads?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
So, found a swap car. The guy has an 07. Does anyone know if the front struts and rear springs will swap between vehicles. Mine is an 03 ZX3, he is an 07 ZX3. I know the exhaust won’t swap because he’s duratec, neither will the intake.

·
Registered
2006 ZX5 2.0, 2004 ZX3 SVT EE. 2004 ZX3 SVT
1,361 Posts
So, found a swap car. The guy has an 07. Does anyone know if the front struts and rear springs will swap between vehicles. Mine is an 03 ZX3, he is an 07 ZX3. I know the exhaust won’t swap because he’s duratec, neither will the intake.

Sent from my iPhone using FF Mobile
Front struts will not work unless you take the struts, knuckles, brakes , lower control arms. Everything on the rear swaps.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
And idk why I said 03. Must have been reading something at the time. Lol

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Front struts will not work unless you take the struts, knuckles, brakes , lower control arms. Everything on the rear swaps.

So what are the actual differences on the front struts 01-07

01-05.5 have a smaller diameter than the 05.5-07. So the larger struts will not fit your steering knuckle. Early 05 had the same strut diameter but a larger balljoint so the knuckle will swap but you must use the 05 -11 lower control arm with the larger ball joint.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
01-05.5 have a smaller diameter than the 05.5-07. So the larger struts will not fit your steering knuckle. Early 05 had the same strut diameter but a larger balljoint so the knuckle will swap but you must use the 05 -11 lower control arm with the larger ball joint.

Got it. Makes sense.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
So, the front right dropped. I guess hit a bump and the springs are garbage. So have to expedite new suspension. I just sold one of my trucks, it’s picked up on tuesday. I guess I’m going to use that money to get the svt setup, fix the ac and pay next years reg. It never ends. When I do the swap, I’ll take pics of the broken spring. Best price I could find on the svt kit is 306 shipped on amazon. Anyone know of any place cheaper, or is that pretty damn good?

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
So, the front right dropped. I guess hit a bump and the springs are garbage. So have to expedite new suspension. I just sold one of my trucks, it’s picked up on tuesday. I guess I’m going to use that money to get the svt setup, fix the ac and pay next years reg. It never ends. When I do the swap, I’ll take pics of the broken spring. Best price I could find on the svt kit is 306 shipped on amazon. Anyone know of any place cheaper, or is that pretty damn good?

Is that for the fully assembled?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Pbfoot got it. Saved a little with free shipping, bought new tophats (strut mounts) from Ford, have a buddy there now and he hooked it up for cost. Just finished it all. I was an idiot, ran to dead zone for spring compressor, not needed, cut my hand open, dipshit move, before I realized “hey, I have a jack, I’ll just drop the lca, put the spring in, and jack it back up!” Took 5 minutes per side, running for the compressor wasted about 30 minutes. Ugh.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Not yet, have to wait till Monday. Only four wheel laser alignment is at the Toyota dealer, closed until Monday. We have one here at work, but I could only imagine the trouble I’d get in to for using that, let alone the shop area. Lol.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts