Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2000 Focus 2.0 zx3
it starts shaking at 50mph and gets worse the faster i go, also i hear a whining noise. I've replaced the hub bearing, spindle, brake pads, i machined the rotors, passenger axle (the rubber boot seemed stretched when installed) and bracket that holds the strut, hub and caliper.

Also a few of the old parts were bent....idk how i did that[:(]
please help fanatics

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
you just need to have your wheels balanced. That's what it sounds like to me. I'd bet that would fix it... won't cost much of anything either.

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
^^ Ditto

If that's the problem, a quick temporary fix may be to simply switch the front and back wheels on the passenger side. I have a wheel that has come off balance and when I put it in the back of the car and I didn't notice it for a while.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
& don't ignore the possibility of a bad tire!

Had one that while not BAD (as in not useable), would make noise like a bad wheel bearing when mounted in front..... wasn't noticeable when used in the rear....

Balance is the most likely culprit as mentioned, had some ice on the rimt winter that caused a MAJOR shake... just a little bit, but a BIG effect....

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm betting balancing...if it were a tire it would be present at all speeds...same with a bearing or the half-shaft.

I found a Meineke Brake shop that has balancing for $20 for the set. Go do that and see if it helps.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so the rim is bent and that's would explain why i had a couple of other bent parts
thanks everyone for your help. p.s a wheel balance did help

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
Glad to know you found your problem. Thanks for letting us know what it was.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts