Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the sFe bumper will fit on the hatchback focus?

·
Registered
362 Posts
Not 100% sure but it should. Worst case scenario would be to compare one at the stealership. And minor concern would be piano black grille or standard but both will be interchangeable.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmm I might have to do that. I also wonder if/where the electronic hook up would be for the sFe active shutters.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Does anyone know if the sFe bumper will fit on the hatchback focus?
What's the difference?

EDIT: Is there one if I have the active grille shutters on the Ti model?

·
Registered
548 Posts
Are you trying to replace your bumper or add active grill shutters?

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
I am trying to add the active grill shutters.
Ehh... I don't know about that. I don't think it's in the bumper - I think it's a separate radiator.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I thought I read somewhere that the SFE package just includes the automatic trans, the active grille shutters, and steel wheels with sfe-specific wheel covers

EDIT:
http://blog.roadandtrack.com/2012-ford-focus-sfe-–-ford-focuses-on-40-mpg/

"In order to maximize the Focus’ economy, the engine is mated with the latest dry-clutch six-speed Ford PowerShift automatic transmission. Ford claims the transmission alone helps to reduce fuel consumption by up to 9 percent compared to a traditional four-speed automatic.

The Ford Focus SFE package also includes 16-inch steel wheels with aero wheel covers, active grille shutters, high-efficiency tires, four-wheel disc brakes, rear spoiler and a special SFE badge."

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
"The Ford Focus SFE package also includes 16-inch steel wheels with aero wheel covers, active grille shutters, high-efficiency tires, four-wheel disc brakes, rear spoiler and a special SFE badge."
Yup. That's why I didn't understand changing the bumper. I think the car would get even better gas mileage with the shutters on the bumper, though. However, probably unreasonably expensive to fix in a fender-bender.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Never mind I thought the active shutters were on the bumper itself, I looked in the mouth and saw mine were closed.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts