Multi-Focusing
3,868 Posts
Welcome! I lived in San Mateo, Redwood City back in the 80's 90's. [thumb]

Love your car!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! It's quite different in RWC now, they've really re-did the downtown area. Interesting Focus Fleet you have![thumb]

·
Multi-Focusing
3,868 Posts
Thanks! It's quite different in RWC now, they've really re-did the downtown area. Interesting Focus Fleet you have![thumb]
I worked for Midland Cabinets when it was in RWC off of El Camino Real. Helped set up the new shop in San Carlos.

Is the Belmont Brewery still around? That's where I met my wife...lol. Great dive bar. Had horseshoe pits in the back. Took awhile to get used to it, but if you were out back playing horseshoes and a freakin' AmTrak train would fly by out of nowhere doing like 60 MPH you'd nearly crap yourself.

Spent a lot of time fishing off of the old bridge. Never kept anything or god forbid anyone eats fish out of the bay...[vommit] Lived in San Carlos and Belmont too. Foster City was a good spot to pick up chicks prior to the "wife" thing.

Half Moon Bay is awesome.

Did a lot of cabinet sidework in Atherton and Woodside area.

Aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh dem good old days. [:D]

Now I'm freezing my ass off in Colorado. [cheers]

·
Registered
822 Posts
The SF area is one of my favorite places I've visited in the U.S. so far.

In 2012, I flew into SF, rented a Ford Focus Sedan, drove up the PCH, saw the Redwoods, up into Oregon (to see Crater Lake) then drove down Rt. 5, through Napa valley back to SF.

In 2013, I again flew into SF, rented a Chevy Spark (never again), drove down the PCH to San Diego then worked my way over to Joshua Tree national park, Sequoia national forest, through Oakland, back to SF.

a lot of stuff to see in California. I saw a lot of stuff (covered about 3300 miles between the 2 trips), but still more stuff I want to see. I plan on a couple more road trips in the near future.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow, fond memories of CA and SF Bay Area. Yes, my wife and I enjoy taking short trips around us, too: Monterey to see whales (Laguna Seca!), Napa for the drives around the wineries (Infineon!), north to Medecino bay through Highway 1 stopping at Muir Woods, Lake Tahoe...

·
Registered
952 Posts
Wow, fond memories of CA and SF Bay Area. Yes, my wife and I enjoy taking short trips around us, too: Monterey to see whales (Laguna Seca!), Napa for the drives around the wineries (Infineon!), north to Medecino bay through Highway 1 stopping at Muir Woods, Lake Tahoe...
I am sensing the presence of a race fan in the force.

·
Multi-Focusing
3,868 Posts
I was at the very first ever NASCAR race at "Sears Point" and when we got married we drove the wineries for 3 days then spent the last night of our honeymoon at a Bed and Breakfast place in Gualala...like..........27 years ago [ohcrap]

I was also around in 89' during the EQuake. [ohcrap]

·
Registered
22 Posts
Welcome. I miss driving in the bay area. Moved out to Raleigh, NC 2 years ago. Nice out here.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts