Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey man.....just installed a udp at your shop....Focaltech told me I had to shave a plastic part from the crankshaft.......Here's my question......did you install yours at the shop or somewhere else.......And if yes, did u do the same?.....

What about you Ashley....I know you got the AFX udp too.....did it come with instructions?...

Peace...........

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
vassili if you look around the pulley theres a plastic shroud, itgoes from behindit andsticks out around it, you only need grind or cut off the parts of it that would rub the belt, do so by grinding it( a dremel w/ a sanding bit works perfect) flush so the belt will not rub the shroud( the shroud is like a black plastic piece behind the pully) pretty easy to do

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Sorry I can't help yet. Mine hasn't been installed. :(

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Vassili if you are getting that noise you described yesterday then he needs to remove the crank pulley and grind down that surface.

Do a search on the net for info on the install. I think myford has it on their website.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
sorry boss, i did have it installed at my step-dad's shop, but the mechanic did all the work..... and i think it might be a little different on the SVT, if you still have problems after you try these fixes, take it back to the shop, i'll tell him you're coming

·
Registered
178 Posts

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Chris...
I actually went today and I told him about this problem.....He told me that after putting the pully and started it, he noticed a noise and saw that the belt was touching something..........So he called someone that told him to put a spacer of some sort, which he did not......Told me it sounded like a weird way to do it.....

So the guy gave him a second solution...which I can't remember now but he told me that I should have no problems......
Of course, I checked the belt before going to the shop today and there was a line of rubbing from something on the belt.......When I asked him about it he told that it was from the first time he started the car....and you know the rest..........I will trust him for now.....

If I see the belt getting worse I will def go back.......thanks for the help guys and you Chris....sorry...sexy2002svt.........BTW, is that young guy your step-brother.....does he drive that chromed out cavalier.....:)

Peace............

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No he did not put the spacer but something else...just can't remember what...basically I think he broke the piece off and is trying to tell me another way.........BTW, when I disconnected the battery to reset everything, the car has been much smoother...:) The only increase I noticed was the noise the engine makes when I go up to 5500 rpm....def louder with the new udp......don't know if that's normal but.........

Thanks for your help Focal.......

Peace...........

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
^^^lol....thanks....like I said, if I see the belt getting worse I'm gonna go back.......

Peace.........

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
yeah, that guy with the cavalier is my step-brother, if you still have problems just call me on my cell before you go back in, i don't know if he knows that i know you, (if that didn't confuse you), pm me if you don't have my cell number any more and good luck

1 - 13 of 13 Posts