Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have a few questions...

1. When I drive, I drive kinda sluggish and when I stop at a light and idle my car kinda wants to stall... its an automatic... also it seems like I really have to put my foot on the gas to go. When I am driving, sometimes I hear a grind then the car picks up. (My guess trans... however, when I took it in they said there was a trans. sensor that might be bad... anyone have any ideas on that?)

2. Not a big deal, but when I go over speed bumps I hear the big grunt or squeak from my car, I figure my suspension... anyone's opinion?

3. I have the 01' LX and I have auto locks. However I didn't know they could do this until several months after I installed them. I did not know that they auto lock. But how? Is it if you go a certain speed or step on the brake or when? Because it just seems kinda random to me!

4. Lastly... I have a exaus. mani. that I need to replace but do not have the time... If I own the part, would (lets say midas) install the part? and just charge me for labor? anyone better? cheaper? I'm on a budget.

I thank you all for your time.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
1. Sounds like it could be your trans with the grinding noise but the car wanting to stall is something else. Changed your plugs or fuel filter lately? Couldn't hurt.

2. Probably a broken sway bar end link.

3. I know on mine they lock when I hit my brakes.

4. I doubt it, most shops like that won't install your parts. I argued with a guy at an oil change place because they wouldn't change my oil with the Mobile1 I brought because they charged $8.50 for it there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts