Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to see what people out there are setting thier shift points safely to? i had fswerks do the aggresive shift for me and the shift are set at 0+- mph. im wondering if i move it to 3+ will it really make it shift form and maybe bark the tires a bit as ive seen another auto do with the adjusted tune. any help would be greatly appreciated(=

·
Registered
720 Posts
It is not necessary to post the same question in 4 different threads....

You can adjust shift points on your device and that does just that, adjusts the point in which the shift occurs. If you want firmer shifts you need to increase shift pressure which has to be done differently on the 08+ focus than any other year and has to be specifically programmed in your tune.

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my apologies. just trying to figure this out. thank you for your help

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would contact Tom.
What member had barking tires in their auto I wonder?
[8D]
haha! people still dont believe me on here when i say that. I need to copy your youtube vid. i got my tune adjusted and now my pressure is at 50% higher than stock. My tires dont bark but its because i have brand new falken tires. Were your tires a little worn in your vid? Or what tire? I remember my stock tires on the 15"s it came with would squal when i came off a dead stop so i imagine if i had them on it would bark. but i have my rota slipstreams now and brand new falken performance tires which get alot better grip than those stock hancook tires.

·
FF Affiliate
31,164 Posts
There many many many more things that have to be changed in the ATX other then just the shift psi and if you dont change them changing the shift psi does little , My bet is you saw very little change in just doing the shft psi

Tom

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well Tom, I'm sure Randy at fswerks knows what he is doing when he changed my tune. It was very noticeable actually and you can tell it tries to bark the tires it just catches too good of grip. Even off the line my tires bark less and catch more of a grip but you can definitely tell it's shifting harder when it shifts. So unfortunately your bet is wrong. Thanks anyways though

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank You Tom. Your a great guy and always try to help us on here. i suggest you to many personal friends for tuning.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
I thought the WOT MPH setting just hangs the transmission in that gear longer.

It doesnt seem like much but the difference from 0 to +3 could hang that shift 500-1000K right?

Is there a log list for the 05-07 transmission to datalog with? I dont know enough about transmissions to know what log so its helpful.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I thought the WOT MPH setting just hangs the transmission in that gear longer.

It doesnt seem like much but the difference from 0 to +3 could hang that shift 500-1000K right?

Is there a log list for the 05-07 transmission to datalog with? I dont know enough about transmissions to know what log so its helpful.
WOT MPH lets the car rev more or less in a certain gear while going WOT. You just have to experiment with what works best to make your car faster. Before I swapped my MTX in, I found that in the ATX +2-3mph rev'ed my car out to about 6800rpm (from about 6500rpm) 1st-2nd and provided me with the best time at the dragstrip but every car is different and you'll just have to experiment. Also you'll have to adjust each shift differently since the rpm spread is different from gear to gear. I always aimed for my car to rev out and shift into the torque curve/powerband of the next gear.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Before I swapped my MTX in, I found that in the ATX +2-3mph rev'ed my car out to about 6800rpm (from about 6500rpm) 1st-2nd and provided me with the best time at the dragstrip but every car is different and you'll just have to experiment. Also you'll have to adjust each shift differently since the rpm spread is different from gear to gear. I always aimed for my car to rev out and shift into the torque curve/powerband of the next gear.
6500, to 6800 isnt much of a change is it? I figured it would be slightly more then that.

Im finding its not just for WOT, i need to do some more datalogs but i feel 4th kick in way earlier then it use to without it running WOT.

Ive just done a few runs with all 3 gear changes at -3 now ill try all three at default then later +3 and post the results.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Well i havnt done a log yet but today i set the WOT to +7 on all 3 and ill say this for sure it does more then just WOT. First is WAY better then it was. Second and third still seem to start in to low of an rpm. I didnt think the WOT settings went that high. I thought it only went to +3 for some reason

1 - 17 of 17 Posts