Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope this doesn't sound too dumb. But what exactly does the performance suspension on a 2011 SES consist of? What is the difference from that and an S, SE, SEL? I understand it has front and rear sway bars, but how are the shocks/springs different? I find it handles quite well on the roads I drive on here in WV, but am just curious. Appreciate and info to help me understand.

·
Registered
229 Posts
There's no difference other than the rear sway bar. Shocks/Struts/Springs are the same across all models.

·
Shiny Metal Titanium
3,647 Posts
Yep just the swaybar.

But as always with larger wheels the ride and handling is a bit different too.
It's a hella lot smoother with 15"s but you got the 17s which I found to make the comfort level go down. Oh well looks a lot better though

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep just the swaybar.

But as always with larger wheels the ride and handling is a bit different too.
It's a hella lot smoother with 15"s but you got the 17s which I found to make the comfort level go down. Oh well looks a lot better though
I realize the 17's are a 45 series tire, but would think the larger rolling diameter would be easier over small holes and such. My previous ride for the past 9 years has been a 3/4 ton Dodge diesel. Still have it, but the Focus sure is a LOT smoother. [:)]

·
Shiny Metal Titanium
3,647 Posts
Wouldn't your truck have the larger tires?
But yes a bigger wheel would float over potholes like it was nothing

I have noticed the Focus is very smooth over bumps. (I have ruined it with stiffening the suspension here and there but it's still pretty damn good compared to other cars I've ridden in)
Anyone remember the old Focus commercial where the passenger is holding like a few cups of coffee and the driver hits a speed bump or something and the guy holding the cups cringes before the bump but it smoothly plops over it?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wouldn't your truck have the larger tires?
But yes a bigger wheel would float over potholes like it was nothing
Yea, pretty big rolling diameter on the truck tires. I think they are 265/75/16.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts