Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 2 weeks after getting my Ti, my salesman calls me to tell me I have a new tire for my car. He left the message on my voice mail, so I figured he had the wrong car. I call him back and he's says that the dealership that the car was at, noticed something different about the tread pattern on one of the tires. Long story short on that, I took it up there and they replaced the tire.

Last week, I get another call from my salesman stating that they had yet again, ANOTHER tire for my call. He said that Ford wanted to put another new one on, to match the 1st. So I said what the hell, why not. Since the wife was going to drop it off and leave it for the day, figured I'd have them fix some warranty issues.

1st issue was headliner glue. I only noticed one spot on the drivers side, it was about the size of a 50 cent piece. 2nd issue was the carpet between the drivers front and rear door, it had come out from under the trim. 3rd issue was being able to see light from the drivers seat, out of the drivers door, about a 1/4 of the way up. Slit is about 3 inches long, but does not leak water. 3rd, MFT update (no biggie). 4th, the headliner/sunroof rattles, especially if the shade is open.

I get a call around 12ish that day stating that the car was almost ready, it was heading to detail to get the stain out of the headliner. Wife picks it up, calls me, "The stain is still there, and now there's a grease spot behind the sunroof on the headliner." I said to hell with it, I'll look at it when I get home. Sure enough, grease spot, and the 50 cent sized glue stain was now about the size of a quarter, with a BIG water outline.

I wasn't busy Saturday morning, so I thought I'd run up to the dealership and let the salesman, and sales manager know what was going on. I sit the salesman in the drivers seat and point out the glue stain, and the daylight on the door. We drive over to service, the salesman tells the warranty guy about the daylight. He says, "Well, my service guy looked really good, and couldn't find it". I say, "well your service guy didn't look good enough now did he?" He came out to the car so I could point it out. He gets in and SLAMS the door. I'm not talking shutting it hard, I mean SLAMS the damn door. So I yell out, "You don't have to slam the f'in door."

So they agree to set it up to get the headliner fixed (I assume cleaning it) which isn't going to work.

Yesterday, the wife and I discover more glue stains throughout the cars headliner. I'd estimate 8 stains total. Not only that, I got to looking at my rear tires and I'll be damned if one of them is on backwards. The rear tires are the ones that have been wishy washed around with this whole tire ordeal.

I left Ford 10 years ago to shitty service....I hope they make this right without a fight.

Sorry for the long post lol.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I would find another dealer to service your car. when you go to another dealer they will ask you why can't you take it to where you purchased the car? just tell them shitty service then ask if they want to be added to that list or not?

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
Hit up the ford customer service profile on here. Let them know what is going on and have them get on your dealership or refer you to another with priority status.

·
Registered
533 Posts
About 2 weeks after getting my Ti, my salesman calls me to tell me I have a new tire for my car. He left the message on my voice mail, so I figured he had the wrong car. I call him back and he's says that the dealership that the car was at, noticed something different about the tread pattern on one of the tires. Long story short on that, I took it up there and they replaced the tire.

Last week, I get another call from my salesman stating that they had yet again, ANOTHER tire for my call. He said that Ford wanted to put another new one on, to match the 1st. So I said what the hell, why not. Since the wife was going to drop it off and leave it for the day, figured I'd have them fix some warranty issues.

1st issue was headliner glue. I only noticed one spot on the drivers side, it was about the size of a 50 cent piece. 2nd issue was the carpet between the drivers front and rear door, it had come out from under the trim. 3rd issue was being able to see light from the drivers seat, out of the drivers door, about a 1/4 of the way up. Slit is about 3 inches long, but does not leak water. 3rd, MFT update (no biggie). 4th, the headliner/sunroof rattles, especially if the shade is open.

I get a call around 12ish that day stating that the car was almost ready, it was heading to detail to get the stain out of the headliner. Wife picks it up, calls me, "The stain is still there, and now there's a grease spot behind the sunroof on the headliner." I said to hell with it, I'll look at it when I get home. Sure enough, grease spot, and the 50 cent sized glue stain was now about the size of a quarter, with a BIG water outline.

I wasn't busy Saturday morning, so I thought I'd run up to the dealership and let the salesman, and sales manager know what was going on. I sit the salesman in the drivers seat and point out the glue stain, and the daylight on the door. We drive over to service, the salesman tells the warranty guy about the daylight. He says, "Well, my service guy looked really good, and couldn't find it". I say, "well your service guy didn't look good enough now did he?" He came out to the car so I could point it out. He gets in and SLAMS the door. I'm not talking shutting it hard, I mean SLAMS the damn door. So I yell out, "You don't have to slam the f'in door."

So they agree to set it up to get the headliner fixed (I assume cleaning it) which isn't going to work.

Yesterday, the wife and I discover more glue stains throughout the cars headliner. I'd estimate 8 stains total. Not only that, I got to looking at my rear tires and I'll be damned if one of them is on backwards. The rear tires are the ones that have been wishy washed around with this whole tire ordeal.

I left Ford 10 years ago to shitty service....I hope they make this right without a fight.

Sorry for the long post lol.
Hi, I'd complain to Ford CS straight away, this dealership is failing the QOS for any car manufacturer. I'd want all the work done and paid for by another dealer and something offered to compensate for the shoddy service.
Chris

·
Registered
743 Posts
It doesnt matter going to CS, I sat at my service dept for 20 minutes and not a single person came to me to see if I needed help, Like I just parked my car in the service area for no good reason. its BS

·
Registered
321 Posts
I feel your pain. My dealership has sucked with service visits which has unfortunately been several times in the past 7k. Last time in they didn't reinstall my door panel properly & left a huge gap, created a really annoying rattle, & scraped up the window module while taking everything apart. Bunch of old hoosiers who don't know anything about new cars or technology. Once they get my door panel back to normal I won't be revisisting

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The dealership claims they can get the stains out, via a vinyl guy...

Not too sure how this is going to turn out.

·
Registered
743 Posts
The dealership claims they can get the stains out, via a vinyl guy...

Not too sure how this is going to turn out.
It sucks, why cant they just redo the headliner? There is a place local to me that does headliners for $60

·
Registered
472 Posts
It doesnt matter going to CS, I sat at my service dept for 20 minutes and not a single person came to me to see if I needed help, Like I just parked my car in the service area for no good reason. its BS
LOL! reminds me of my experience when I first moved to Texas.

Went to a dealer to have my 95 Cobra serviced in early 99. SVT dealers back then had to maintain a certain standard and Cobra owners were "supposed" to get SVT treatment. I sat in an empty bay for about 20 mins before a service writer came up to me convo went something like this:

him: can I help you?
Me; yeah I need my car serviced I'd like to make an appointment for saturday
him: we don't make appointments it's first come first served and the service dept. is not open on saturdays ...
me; ok if I left it today when will you be able to do it?
him: not till monday (this was thursday)
me: so if I brought it buy tomorrow before closing would you get to it first thing Monday?
him: can't say, it's first come first served
me: well can I fill out the paperwork now and leave the car and put the keys in the drop box on Sunday
him: no .. its first come first served.
me: If I leave it today can you at least park it inside the shop over nights?
him: no it will be parked out in the lot with everything else.
me: well I always thought that SVT dealerships went the extra mile and were a cut above the rest. guess you aren't and don't care.

Got in my car and laid a patch through the bay. Later when I went to buy another car they had exactly what I wanted in the trim I wanted but because it was that dealership I passed. Have not been inside of a Covert Dealer of anykind since.

everytime I post this story I send a link to the service manager, and a couple other people from Covert. in the 12 years since they have not a single time responded with anything LOL!

I went up the road to another dealer, who also could not get to my car until Monday. he took my paperwork, keys, promised to park it inside over the weekend and called me monday afternoon saying it was done. and He DID park it inside cause I went by and checked over the weekend and he still gets my business.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sooooo to update this a little.

The dealership said they ordered a new headliner. They had my car for 3 weeks. The day I was supposed to pick it up, someone runs off the road and nudges the rear end, scraping the bottom of the bumper, and throwing rocks up on the rear quarter. The bottom valance has to be replaced, and the rear quarter needs some paint and dent work. The guy tried to run, but he broke his tierod lol.

Fun huh?

So I get in my car and look at the headliner. There was a grease stain behind the sunroof. There was also a tear maybe an 1/8" above the drivers head. I go in and get the service guy and show him. He tells me that he'll have to get with his boss to see if they can just order me a new one.......wait, I thought you did......?

No, they took it out, and tried to have some shop clean it. Now, the cleaning job I have to say was pretty good, but the tear and the grease stain from them putting it back in wasn't so good. They contacted me yesterday, and have a new headliner on order.

I'm taking it to the body shop that the insurance (the guy's that hit me) here in a little while.

Fun times.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts