Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is starting to get to me. the car keeps tearing belts. its like the belt has too many grooves. i have removed the a/c back when the car was being rebuilt. it has the non a/c belt. i have also replaced the belt tensioner. i had to replace the power steering pump, and am starting to wonder if thats the cause.

we are running the dayco polycog belt. i replaced it like 4 months ago because the old polycog (which was like 8 months old and split at 6 months) was shredded into like 3 pieces. something is really off, but it lines up perfect and goes on fine. only thing i ever noted was how tight it was to get on.

anybody else run into such issues with the a/c removed? oh yeah, 01 S2

·
Registered
220 Posts
Do you have any Mod's on this vehicle that would make it do this and is the belt a genuine FORD PART. Also im not to fimiliar and it might be stupid question but whats a S2?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
there is nothing on the car that would affect the belt. its a dayco polycog belt, so its more flexible and last longer then a typical belt.

and an S2 model focus is just a special type of foucs. basically like a euro focus. only 3000 were made in america.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts