Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My compressor clutch is locked and replacing it isnt in the budget for the car right now.

I bought a Dayco5060775 to bypass the ac pulley but cannot for the life of me get it on and I am following the diagram. Has anyone used this belt for what im doing or did I get the wrong one?

I know thats what fits the zetec w/o ac but just wanted to confirm with you guys that it is correct before i start struggling again.

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
You have to remove the A/C compressor ...

There is no "by-pass". Only removal.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think your thinking im doing something else. All im wondering is what is the belt length for a zetec w/o a.c.

Since they are the same engine I can use the routing for a non ac correct?

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
775 should fit.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just got the 77.5( Dayco5060775) Thats a touch to small.

I just bought a Dayco 5060800. Ill pick it up tomorrow and have this be the end all of end alls.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ended up using a 78" belt. Dayco Part# 5060780, works like a charm. Follow the same routing but skip the ac pump. Another thing a buddy brought up about doing this is to make sure your running all of your pulleys the same direction they were intended to. I dont know how much that matter except for the water pump I would imagine.

I cant remember what car its actually for but you can look it up on Dayco's website.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I Havent had the car on the road at all yet but there is no way it will slip. Its just a touch tighter than what the stocker is.

I will have the car on the road soon and will let you know. My ZX5 is about 8 inches shorter thanks to a rear-end accident.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts