Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Serpentine Belt Cover???? Where can I find one?

182 Views 4 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  fishguy1978
I literally have looked on the internet for like hours and cannot find where I can purchase a MK1 ford focus Serpentine belt cover. I am going crazy lol.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2,354 Posts
No such thing that I am aware of...

Are you perhaps thinking of the timing belt cover?
There is a cover that goes on the bottom (it bolts to the frame rail) and covers the crank pulley.

Part numbers I see are YS4Z-6775-DA or YS4Z-6775-GA, but I can't find them anywhere. Your best bet may be a junkyard, if the part is still on there. Most get taken off/ripped off and never put back on.

· Registered
19,376 Posts
X2, most in the junkyards aare missing or broken, the belt snaps and they break up easy once the plastic gets old and brittle.

You don't need one at all unless you drive through large amounts of rain or snow. been driving three of the cars for years with them gone and zero issues here in Texas. Just remember that a lot of water hitting belt can make the power steering not work for a couple seconds, but it typically takes enough water you need to be going slow and aware already.

If your belt slips too much with it gone that may be telling you you need a new belt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts