Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my car with 350 miles on it. I was wondering if the free serius xm was for 6 months or a year. I can't find the info anywhere.

·
Registered
143 Posts
My car was built to order. The guy from Sirius customer support said its radio ID had a trial that was a year long, was activated 10 months ago and due to expire soon.

Very odd. It didn't seem worth the effort to dispute it with the dealer.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
I activated mine in mid-Aug when I picked it up (also built to order) and the Sirius website shows an expiration of mid-Feb.

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
I just renewed mine, if you wait long enough each letter they send you has a better deal than the previous. I waited til within 10 days of my expiration and they called me up offering me $29.99 for 6 months which I went ahead and took. To compare, the first letter I got was $12.95 a month or discounts if you buy in larger quantities. The second was something around $25 for 3 months. Glad I waited.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I never activated Sirius, it just works. Does Ford provide the buyer's contact info to Sirus?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Mine came with 6 months free (Canada, Ontario). Dealer activated it, then told me not to call to renew, sometimes the dealer's 6 month trial will extend to 8 or 10 months. Waiting till it expires will probably get you the best deal for renewal. I'll wait, don't use it enough to justify the $14.95 a month they want.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Don't forget, though, if you go for one of these deals you are signed up to auto-renew at regular prices once the deal is up. Remember to cancel just before then.

·
Registered
6 Posts
IMO, Sirius is not worth the money. It sounds way to digital. Basic FM radio sounds 10x better. I never use Sirius because it sounds tin can-ish. I was told 6months free.

·
Registered
143 Posts
There's very little variety on the few stations I listen to (BPM, Electric Area & 90s on 9). Much like all commercial radio, I guess, but I can't see why I'd choose this over playing a bunch of downloadable mixes on my phone.

Maybe it's worth it if you get something out of the talk stations.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Yeah, I'll bet the majority of subscribers probably only have 2-4 stations they listen to regularly but pay for all of them (the cable television syndrome). I personally haven't had a Sirius station play in my car in over six weeks, I use streaming through my phone and iPod. Only thing I personally like is the traffic/info services working through my Nav.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts