Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys, i want to get a kicker solobaric L7, 10 inch. 600 rms is enough for my small car.

now heres my question, do i need a two channel amp or a 1 channel amp??

which amp should i buy? i want some inexpensive but nothing like a legacy or pyramid amp. thats too cheap and wont give the power it says its rated at. but i dont want something high end that another amp thats cheaper could do the job done. my xmas money and paycheck is gunna help me so i would say my budget is $250 or so. i can do 300 but hopefully no shipping charges or anything extra. id appreciate it guys!

oh another thing is i would like an amp with a cooling fan on it. my dad and i are gunna make something totally custom in the trunk for the sub and amp. its gunna be ****in rad

·
Mr. Wizard
937 Posts
well, 600RMS probably need something in the max power range around 1000 to 1200W (this being mono). If you get a two-channel amp, make sure that you can bridge it, you'll get more power that way. Make sure that your amp will drive down to whatever the impedance is for the sub. I'm guessing it's probably 4 ohms, which is pretty common for most subs. Otherwise...that's about it I guess. As far as the amp to buy. Well, I'd look into Directed, they make a nice amp. Rockford has nice amps, but not always very stylish, there are a bunch out there, you'd be looking for your own tastes anyway since you are doing something custom with it. As far as a built in cooling fan...budget wise you might just be better off to buy a 12V fan and build it into your box somehow, as long as the amp has thermal protection you'll be fine. Here is mine... [;)] http://www.focusfanatics.com/gallery/data/507/18mycar4.JPG?1094

·
Focus Enthusiast
2,208 Posts
i don't know if you have already gotten the amp but hifonics makes some cheap good amps, i don't really like rockford amps though, not the new ones at least, i'd stay away from them, tehre is alot beter for the money, a really good cheap amp is the jbl bp1200.1 check on ebay for it, you can get it real cheap.

- Scott

1 - 3 of 3 Posts