·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mean, not even on the charts?

·
Registered
362 Posts
Fleet and business buy a large portion. But they do make the best trucks. I am biased admittedly.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Around here, everyone loves their PU trucks and SUV's. The beach is close by and they love to go four wheeling on the various beaches. Gas mileage is obviously not a concern for everyone.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I guess their "Can't get enough of them" advertising ploy didn't work!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Some quotes from the autonews article http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20111003/RETAIL01/111009981/1448:

Ford's total sales were hurt by a car-sales decline of 9 percent to 49,876 in part because of low inventory of the Ford Focus. Ford leaders vowed to correct the shortfall.
Sales of Ford's redesigned Focus tumbled 24 percent to 10,309 last month
Ford struggled to meet Focus demand last month despite running its Focus production facility in Wayne, Mich., "full out," Czubay said. Many Ford dealers have complained that a lack of Focus inventory has hurt their sales. One Midwest dealer, who asked not to be named, said he has two Focus cars in stock -- less than a 30-day supply for him.
Czubay expects that to change. He said Ford will fully stock the Focus this month.

"As we fill the pipeline, we should be back to where we want be," Czubay said. "In fact the stock, as of today, is in darn good shape. So it was just a case of ramp-up last month. We're going to increase sales. Put it on the calendar a month from now. We're going to have a good month of sales for Focus."

·
Registered
647 Posts
There are a gaggle of new Foci at my local dealership. I wonder if people that were initially interested in the car but couldn't find any went shopping elsewhere? And now that Ford has stepped up their inventory no one is buying? Can't help that MFT has been getting mostly negative reviews.

Tony

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
There are a gaggle of new Foci at my local dealership. I wonder if people that were initially interested in the car but couldn't find any went shopping elsewhere? And now that Ford has stepped up their inventory no one is buying? Can't help that MFT has been getting mostly negative reviews.

Tony
If consumers have any brains they'll know MFT is only an option and they can avoid it, it shouldnt be hurting sales.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I imagine the shotty transmission has more to do with bad sales than the MFT. Most reviews I read are mentioning it now and everyone I let drive my car notices it (even the ones I don't tell about it beforehand).

·
Registered
647 Posts
If consumers have any brains they'll know MFT is only an option and they can avoid it, it shouldnt be hurting sales.
You're operating under the assumption that consumers have brains? That's pretty bold of you considering the stuff I've seen on TV commercials.

Same goes with political ads.

Tony

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
I imagine the shotty transmission has more to do with bad sales than the MFT. Most reviews I read are mentioning it now and everyone I let drive my car notices it (even the ones I don't tell about it beforehand).
I'm guessing shoddy is what you mean (or "shotty" who knows)?!? I'm also wondering why you feel the need to throw in "even the ones I don't tell about it beforehand". Notice you drive a 2012 Focus with no reference to transmission, trim level, etc. and reference most reviews you read. Since you already own one, didn't you read the reviews before you bought it? Trolling perhaps?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm guessing shoddy is what you mean (or "shotty" who knows)?!? I'm also wondering why you feel the need to throw in "even the ones I don't tell about it beforehand". Notice you drive a 2012 Focus with no reference to transmission, trim level, etc. and reference most reviews you read. Since you already own one, didn't you read the reviews before you bought it? Trolling perhaps?
Actually no, but nice guess fanboy....been here longer than you have. I'm just a Focus owner who is fed up that I have a brand new car that drives horribly. I preordered mine so reviews weren't really out...and I blindly accepted the whole "oh that'll go away once you break it in after 500 miles or so" argument.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Actually no, but nice guess fanboy....been here longer than you have. I'm just a Focus owner who is fed up that I have a brand new car that drives horribly. I preordered mine so reviews weren't really out...and I blindly accepted the whole "oh that'll go away once you break it in after 500 miles or so" argument.
The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts