Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I removed the heat shield on my 2002 SVT as it was a rattle trap. In doing so I cut a line to sensor directly under the left most (drivers side) exhaust pipe (under the header tube).. I was able to fix it temporarily but its apparent that it had been fixed before (poorly). The tabs on the sensor have completely disintegrated and I can no longer connect them. Now I have a no start condition. I can't find any info on this sensor (I suspect it is a speed sensor). I hoping someone knows what I am talking about and a part number for a replacement. Thanks guys!

·
Banned
706 Posts
The crankshaft position sensor is in that area but without a picture that's just a guess. Without it, no start I think.

·
Registered
18,125 Posts
That's a pretty low volt sensor, simply crimping wires back on can give more trouble.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the advice and ID guys! I've got a new connector and sensor on order. Hopefully just the connector will fix it. Cheers!

·
Registered
2006 ZX5 2.0, 2004 ZX3 SVT EE. 2004 ZX3 SVT
2,633 Posts
Thanks for the advice and ID guys! I've got a new connector and sensor on order. Hopefully just the connector will fix it. Cheers!
As stated above, solder then crimp. Also, trim back the wiring as far as you can. I've seen damage to the harness where it lays on the transmission due to the split plastic cover rotting away.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts