Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a 2007 zx5, and I want to do a sc build because, as far as i know, there isn't a kit for it and it would be cool as hell to run around with a rare f/i setup. So, I'm going to do the FSWerks header, Cosworth mani, Crower Stg 3 cams and appropriate valve train, p & p, and i was stuck on going either 1mm or 2mm oversize valves. Stock bottom end. I have the means to do a custom bracket and already have either Finish Line Performance here in illinois doing my piping or doing custom piping myself.

So, the real question is, my goal is about 300whp. Will the rotrex C30-84 give me enough boost to hit that with the other supporting mods?

My mind is already set on this, as my uncle is Chris Johnson of SCT and JMS. SO. NO HATE! I just want my question answered.

Thanks!
Kyle

·
Registered
3,450 Posts

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
no hate here, rotrex would be my choice for FI too.

those stage 3 cams probably wont fit without aftermarket pistons

wheres the unit going to be mounted? up top by the header like the stillborn F2 kit for the mazda 3, or down low by the AC compressor like that kit for the fiesta st150?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its rated up to 320 i believe. Wow. Guess I just answered my own question lol

I was thinking more towards mounting it in place of the a/c compressor, but actually i forgot about the Mazda 3. I'll have to look into that too.

Hmmm. I didn't know the stage 3's wouldn't fit. I'll have to talk to my uncle and do some extra thinking about this since this all just popped into my head the other day when i read about it here and a couple other forums.

Thanks

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
Its rated up to 320 i believe. Wow. Guess I just answered my own question lol

I was thinking more towards mounting it in place of the a/c compressor, but actually i forgot about the Mazda 3. I'll have to look into that too.

Hmmm. I didn't know the stage 3's wouldn't fit. I'll have to talk to my uncle and do some extra thinking about this since this all just popped into my head the other day when i read about it here and a couple other forums.

Thanks
Ive heard anything above a "stage 2" wont work on the stock pistons but because each company has a different "stage 2" with different lifts its best to pull the head and clay to check clearances

1 - 6 of 6 Posts