Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm selling my SVT and i'm going to return it to stock. So therefore i'm going to remove my tune... Since the tuner is "married" to my car... does this render my tuner useless? Its a tuner From tom.

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
if it is still use able i might be interested in that and your cai. if your wanting to sell them.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well wouldn't it be "locked" as they say? unless you send it to Tom and he sets it up for you I guess? I really don't know how that all works.

The CAI is staying on the car, I dont have my stock intake any longer so that is the one part that will remain on the car.

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
ahh i see. well if you find out about the tuner i might be interested in it. and about the intake to bad you live so far away i would say we could swap.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
If it is an XCal 2, you return the stock tune to the car, then the software on your computer will allow you to unlock it.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Same goes for the DSP, just reload the stock tune back in. BTW how much are you getting for that beautiful rare focus?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well when i went to trade it in on a Nissan 350z, the dealership would only give me 5k, i laughed at them and asked to see where the hidden camera was because i thought they were playing some cruel joke on me... well... they weren't... they wouldn't give me a dime over 5 grand for it.

So now i'm selling it private party, i'm only asking what i owe on it. $7,995

1 - 8 of 8 Posts