Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased an 02 focus wagon for cheap because it had been in an accident. I want to take a few parts off the car, including the wheels/tires as they are nearly new. However, the local junk yard will only pay $30 vs $130 if I remove the wheels. What is going to be the cheapest way to get some wheels/tires for this car? I've checked local cl ads of course even for other cars with the same bolt pattern but not much luck.

I'd hate to get rid of the nice wheels just because I can't find some wheels to take their place. Ideas?

·
Registered
180 Posts
I purchased an 02 focus wagon for cheap because it had been in an accident. I want to take a few parts off the car, including the wheels/tires as they are nearly new. However, the local junk yard will only pay $30 vs $130 if I remove the wheels. What is going to be the cheapest way to get some wheels/tires for this car? I've checked local cl ads of course even for other cars with the same bolt pattern but not much luck.

I'd hate to get rid of the nice wheels just because I can't find some wheels to take their place. Ideas?
What do they look like?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
237 Posts
How many spare donut wheels/ tires do you have. Throw 4 spares on it. They are probably cheaper. Any spare wheels. Just drill the steel with a new hole for a different pattern and wobble out the rest. They may frown upon that though and then you won't get your full 130

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How many spare donut wheels/ tires do you have. Throw 4 spares on it. They are probably cheaper. Any spare wheels. Just drill the steel with a new hole for a different pattern and wobble out the rest. They may frown upon that though and then you won't get your full 130
I thought about doing that as well. I've got 2 spares and although I've never needed to use one I'd really like to keep one in my car. Found out that I can sell the car to a metal recycling business for $5 per 100 pounds, so that is a better offer than the junkyard. I could haul the car there on a flat bet with no tires I suppose.

·
Registered
237 Posts
The ones around me make you take the gas tank out and drop the oil pan. There's a few other things they make you do before you can recycle it too. Can't remember. It was enough that I just gave it to the scrap yard

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
steel is worth so little, aluminum much more.

I had a scrap car with no engine or tranny (no aluminum). basically had the tow guy take it for free, becasue i wasnt going to make much money to be able to pay him.

so i suggest take it to the 2nd place that pays more. just drag it onto the flat deck. they'll lift it off with a fork lift.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,027 Posts
Not worth it for a wagon already stripped what he wanted.

4 donuts is your best bet. But by the time you find 4 wheels you will be at that $100 difference. Unless it would be worth swapping because of the new rubber.

Scrap yards are about $20-25 a wheel to buy..

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts