Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'll be selling my focus tomorrow, or possibly as late as this weekend and have some parts to sell. PM me if interested! Local pickup is preferred, but i'm willing to ship at the buyer's cost. Parts are located in LA/Riverside county, CA. I live near Corona and work in Monterey park so i could meet somewhere around either area or somewhere inbetween to do a local sale.

K&N Typhoon Intake - excellent condition, all parts will be included. - $125

Weathertech floor mats - mostly excellent condition, the weathertech logo stickers have come loose though and need to be either removed or reglued in place.
Front and rear set - $125
rear cargo mat(hatchback), with sony sub cutout - SOLD!

intake & full weathertech set together as one deal for $225.

pictures to come later today / tonight!!

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
I hear you on the work... Thanks for posting em up. Whys the filter black?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hear you on the work... Thanks for posting em up. Whys the filter black?
its partly the lighting, and partly because it needs a cleaning. the filter has probably 15k miles on it since it was last cleaned. Its still pink-ish, but its definately darkened with use.

*edit*
I've ordered a cleaning kit. I will clean the filter prior to shipping and/or include the cleaning kit with the intake.

·
Registered
177 Posts
did you have the full-size spare in your hatchback? interested in mat can you upload pics of it in your car or just text me one?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
did you have the full-size spare in your hatchback? interested in mat can you upload pics of it in your car or just text me one?
I did have the full size spare in my car. Unfortunately i've already sold the car to carmax so i can't take a picture of it in the car, but i can take a picture of the mat itself if you want.

·
Registered
985 Posts
out of curiosity what did CarMax give you for it? mileage, year??

btw great price on the intake

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
out of curiosity what did CarMax give you for it? mileage, year??

btw great price on the intake
I got 17k even for it. 2013 titanium fully loaded DCT except for self-parking. ~26000 miles. kbb its trade-in value at 16250 for excellent condition with my mileage.

·
Registered
985 Posts
I got 17k even for it. 2013 titanium fully loaded DCT except for self-parking. ~26000 miles. kbb its trade-in value at 16250 for excellent condition with my mileage.
not bad, how do you like the mazda over the focus?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
not bad, how do you like the mazda over the focus?
I love nearly everything about it. About the only thing i liked better in the focus was the sub(the mazda bose sounds great, just not quite as much bass and its coming from the door vs the trunk, and that it had all windows having auto up/down, both of which are very minor things.. Other than that the mazda is equal or better in every way.

·
Registered
985 Posts
I love nearly everything about it. About the only thing i liked better in the focus was the sub(the mazda bose sounds great, just not quite as much bass and its coming from the door vs the trunk, and that it had all windows having auto up/down, both of which are very minor things.. Other than that the mazda is equal or better in every way.
Nice, enjoy!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Why did you sell it for the Mazda? Just curious! Now you can start your own website for Mazda owners call it Mazda Mayhem...lol....good luck on the Mazda...it was on my list but the Focus won out (better price, sound system and had parking assist).

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I sold the focus because the automatic/dct was a flaming pile of crap. Shame because everything else about the car was great. If I had found a five speed it would have been a great car, but they are hard to find in ca. Also I wanted an automatic for commuting in SoCal traffic. I have my weekend car for fun rowing through the gears. I got tired of having an automatic that slipped and ground gears every time it shifted and shuttered like crazy. I got tired of having to apologize to my passengers for my cars terrible noises when I drove to lunch. I got tired of taking it to the dealer for new clutches and being told its normal and there's nothing that can be done, or getting new clutches that worked properly for 5k miles then back to old bad habits. The dct is the worst engineered transmission I ever drove or owned by a landslide. Other companies have produced functional dct transmissions but ford failed spectacularly. I didn't do my homework when I bought the car unfortunately. 11k miles into my Mazda now and not a single hiccup. I could not be happier with it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts