Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, right now I have a 2002 SVT Foci with 35,500 miles on it. I put on a JRSC+BBK about 1,500 miles ago. I also put in a CM Stage 3 clutch and a Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel 2,000 miles ago, so the tranny is covered. I love the way the car pulls and I really love the way the JRSC sounds. Yet, I feel the need for even more power. I am thinking about selling the JRSC+BBK and getting a Powerworks SC since they are fairly similar in terms of installation--so it shouldn't be that hard to remove the JRSC and put on the Powerworks. But I have a few questions:

I have a FC TB and a HIA SRI, is there any way that those will work with the Powerworks kit?

Should I keep the 42lbs injectors and the MAF Sensor that came with my BBK to use on the Powerworks or should I buy a different MAF and larger injectors? I have an SCT X-Cal 2 so I can get a custom tune.

Will changing to the Powerworks kit give me a huge increase in tq and hp?

The main question is, would it be worth it to sell the JRSC+BBK and get the Powerworks Kit?

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
If you have the cash to do so, i would either get the powerworks or procharger.

·
Registered
283 Posts
SVTBoy21 said:
Yet, I feel the need for even more power. I am thinking about selling the JRSC+BBK and getting a Powerworks SC since they are fairly similar in terms of installation--so it shouldn't be that hard to remove the JRSC and put on the Powerworks.
That's what he said BMXer

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Re: Re: Sell SVT JRSC+BBK for Powerworks SC?

BFocusSVT said:
That's what he said BMXer
Im fully aware of that. I was saying i would if i were him id do it and stating procharger as a possible other option.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey frostbit_v6, I am really thinking about it. I just want to know if it's worth all the extra money for the Powerworks. I want to know if I'd have to sell the FC TB and HIA SRI as well though, if they won't work with the PW....

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
frostbit_v6 said:
if you decide to sell hit me up..just what im lookin for...
then we'll really be twins!![thumb]

·
Registered
456 Posts
If the FC TB is a SVT bolt pattern, it won't work ... the PW kit uses the standard Zetec bolt pattern. A BBK-brand 65mm TB comes with the PW SVT kit.

The HIA SRI likely won't fit either. The PW SVT kit comes with a MAF tube that uses the OE MAF sensor. Only one other person (Hot Hatch on the forums) has adapted a different MAF arrangement (Mustang 70mm) on a PW kit that I am aware of.

The PW SVT kit comes with 42lb injectors.

You must send the ECU to PW for a reflash ... just trying to tune it with an Xcal2 won't work. FS is the only vendor I am aware of that is selling a Xcal2 modifiable PW SVT tune ... and not many functions can be reprogrammed.

You will likely see a ~30HP/20 ft-lb increase in going with the PW kit.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks a lot COSDEVSVT, that's the info that I was after. Now......since you work for Powerworks, is there any way you can get me a deal on a Powerworks kit? LOL

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
COSDEVSVT I was wondering about why you need the ecu instead of sending a flash unit. I know many other tuners use a xcal1 or 2 or a diablo for tuning instead of ripping out the ecu and flashing it. I personally have a spi so this wont affect me at all ever, but if I was able to order a supercharger for my car I wouldn't want to send out my ECU. Also personally no matter what form of FI I were to use(i am building a turbo block) I wouldn't want to use a mail order tune on it, to risky(no offense) I would take it to a dyno for tuning.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
..Hey boy21, The same thingis going to happen to you with the PW unit. YOU WILL want more,cept you just spent another 5K and are maxed psi.
I agree w/bmxer that procharger is an option that might get you more psi/hp potential,IF you are committed in staying with a SC. That said, turbo on the other hand......[:)]

·
Registered
456 Posts
arrestmespi said:
COSDEVSVT I was wondering about why you need the ecu instead of sending a flash unit.

The calibration changes go much deeper into the ECU strategy than typical aftermarket tuning devices allow ... allowing for improvements in driveability and emissions in a certified tune.

·
teh tranny killer
3,130 Posts
it will probably set you back another 2k by goin with the pw if you can sell your bbk kit for a good price..the biggest thing i think you would benifit from the pw kit is much les heat soak due to the intercooling

1 - 14 of 14 Posts