Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thread is simply for people to try and sell me on one of the following oils:

Motorcraft 5w-20 (semi-syn)
Mobil 1 5w-30 (full-syn)

In everyones opnions pick which would would be best for long term motor life and performance, and sell me on it.....please only reccomend one of the two choices. I know there is a ton of oils and whatnot out there, I just want reccomends between these two

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
guerro said:
You seriously need to do a search. These oil threads only serve to start fights and piss everyone off.

Ive had enough of your BS so why dont you shut your mouth and let people post, you've already been reported to moderators so quit harassing me in PMs and by emails etc, anyone have a legit answer, Im strictly looking for advice between these two oil choices

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok, I need to know exactly how the w20 is different from the w30 what does it physically do thats different? Basically im just trying to decide if I definately need to go with a 5w20 to avoid problems

·
Registered
116 Posts
i can tell you form experiance that you can't expect more power from moble 1 over conventoinal oil. I suppose that the real benifit is protection against wear and the extended period between oil changes. Thicker oil is supposed to offer more protection to a really hot engine where as thin oil is supposed to free up horses. As i understand 5w-30 is thinner than 10w30 and 5w-20 is thinner yet. I also hear that before going synthetic you should do an oil change or two with a blend to give your engine seals time to adjust. So I would go with the motocraft oil right now regardless. mind you i'm not an expert and these are just things i hear

·
Focus Addict
1,245 Posts
EuroZX3Focus said:
Ive had enough of your BS so why dont you shut your mouth and let people post, you've already been reported to moderators so quit harassing me in PMs and by emails etc, anyone have a legit answer, Im strictly looking for advice between these two oil choices
You must have missed my earlier post. As you can see by the posts you have been getting on this thread, you are not going to get a very good answer. You are only going to succeed in pissing everyone off. Please do a search on this topic and let sleeping dogs lie.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Hey im canadian and im not dirty! majority of us aint!

btw i use Motorcraft 5w-20 and i find it good.

·
Registered
281 Posts
You want technical info go to www.bobistheoilguy.com. I'll say that Mobil1 is a better fluid from a technical stand point. I don't have technical sheets to compare the two but Mobil1 is a big gun in synthetic fluids. I think Focaltech means that you probably or may not see or feel a difference in the two. May want to go with whichever is cheaper. To be on the safe side you could just stick with Mobil1 as I've heard their latest formula is suppose to be very well made. It's all up to you. The only way I'd start getting into technical views about what oil I'm going to use is if I had Forced Induction pumping big amounts of boost into my engine. At that point I'd start to think twice about wear and tear but even then I probably wouldn't go and pay $9 a quart for Redline. I'd just put Mobil1. It's all up to you. Also if you want technical sheets they are supplied through online sites.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts