Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 Focus SE Hatchback purchased new (3rd Focus) and I've experienced something worrisome on two different, recent occasions. Pushing the 'lock button' on my car in supermarket parking lots (yeah, I forget where I park sometimes) has started the car. I don't know if 'keyless' ignitions have ever been available on Focuses but I've not had one and this self-starting is very disconcerting. I'm sure I won't be able to duplicate it at the dealer so I'd like to know if anyone else has experienced this.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Remote start was/is an available OEM accessory and generally the FOB wold have a start button. I know there are aftermarket remote start systems that use the existing FOB by pressing the lock button 3 times. Perhaps the dealer had one installed prior to purchasing (for another prospective buyer or another reason) and overlooked telling you. Take a look at this video, I have queued it to the point where he shows you how to remote start using the existing FOB. Try it and see if you can start your Focus this way. You can restart the video if you want to see the complete install procedure. Here is the website for the kit being installed if anyone is interested >> Ford Focus 2017

1 - 2 of 2 Posts