Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did your car come with an alarm? Mine didn't...they told me that would cost extra. [:(!]

Also, how many speakers do we have?

Thanks!

·
Registered
66 Posts
My SEL has an alarm that came as standard equipment. It is listed on the Window Sticker under the Safety/Security as: Securilock PASS Anti Theft, Perimeter Alarm. I have six speakers. The only option is the Winter Package. My has the 300A package which is the minimum package. Check your window sticker and/or the Ford Focus website under features. It lists the Security System.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WTF?! The alarm is listed on my window sticker. I just got my key fob and went to my car and I DO have an alarm!! The dealer told me it didn't come with it and tried to sell me one! [bash]

Anyway, can someone tell me where the six speakers are located?

Thanks for all of the help!
[ffrocks]

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just had my autostart car alarm installed with HID light packaged as well from a local Mod shop. My 2012 SEL didn't have the alarm just the foolish deterrent light in the dashboard. I live in the Kabul of St. John's Newfoundland Canada, so the alarm is a neccessity. And after writing off my 2 year old Mazda Tribute from a moose collision, I downgraded to a city car that I am happy with currently.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
I just had my autostart car alarm installed with HID light packaged as well from a local Mod shop. My 2012 SEL didn't have the alarm just the foolish deterrent light in the dashboard. I live in the Kabul of St. John's Newfoundland Canada, so the alarm is a neccessity. And after writing off my 2 year old Mazda Tribute from a moose collision, I downgraded to a city car that I am happy with currently.
On FordCanada.ca it states that the SEL has a security alarm.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Really, I see option packages and even in there I don't see Alarm was standard. I suspect it's actually either a package inclusion or just the "blinking light" add on the dash. I was rather limited in what I could purchase here since I needed a replacement rather quickly. But after testing out all the competitors, for gadgets and a decent vehicle overall, I think and hope I made a good choice. I got the 301A package + parking technology. Again if I had some time to choose I probably would have preferred the luxury package. I will post some photos when I get her washed up today.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
[welcome] Aus, what color did you get?

·
Registered
967 Posts
Make sure all you people let your insurance brokers (if you have one) that you have an alarm and an ignition cut-off, it could save you money.

·
Registered
66 Posts
CMB76,

Four of the speakers are in the doors located in the lower front part of the door. There are two speakers (tweeters?) located right behind the A Pillars (the ones that hold the sides of the windshield) in the front doors in front of the leading edge of the driver and passenger windows.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Really, I see option packages and even in there I don't see Alarm was standard. I suspect it's actually either a package inclusion or just the "blinking light" add on the dash. I was rather limited in what I could purchase here since I needed a replacement rather quickly. But after testing out all the competitors, for gadgets and a decent vehicle overall, I think and hope I made a good choice. I got the 301A package + parking technology. Again if I had some time to choose I probably would have preferred the luxury package. I will post some photos when I get her washed up today.
Passive Anti-Theft System is standard on the Focus SEL and Titanium in Canada, check your window sticker, it will be listed under Safety/Security items.

Or go to this site http://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do enter your VIN number then and click on the tab (arrow pointing down minor features) on the right side of the page located under the description of your car , this is a list of all items on your car, and you will see With Perimeter Anti-Theft

Not sure if the alarm works the same as ours in Europe, but on my Focus if I lock the car, then use the key fob and open the trunk (without unlocking the doors) the alarm will sound when the trunk lid is opened. Maybe try that test to see if it works the same way. If it does that will let you know you have this alarm system

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
CMB76,

Four of the speakers are in the doors located in the lower front part of the door. There are two speakers (tweeters?) located right behind the A Pillars (the ones that hold the sides of the windshield) in the front doors in front of the leading edge of the driver and passenger windows.
Thank you! I never would have found them!
About setting the pre-set radio buttons, when I scan a very popular station here, it skips right by it. Is there a way to manually go through all of the station numbers so it doesn't skip?

·
Registered
66 Posts
CMB76,
Check page 38 of the Owners Guide. I think it can explain in a lot fewer words than I would need to write. It explains how to manually tune and preset stations. After you get the presets where you want them you can change the stations with the steering wheel controls on the right hand side. I hope that helps. I wish Ford would have done like Scion did. My first generation xB came with a DVD so you could see and hear how to set the radio, etc.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Focus SEL

[welcome] Aus, what color did you get?
Tuxedo Black, I had the window vents, and door sills put on, going to get the bumper sill as well put on... the door sills are very nice... but I would have liked a couple for the back doors as well.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
CMB76,
Check page 38 of the Owners Guide. I think it can explain in a lot fewer words than I would need to write. It explains how to manually tune and preset stations. After you get the presets where you want them you can change the stations with the steering wheel controls on the right hand side. I hope that helps. I wish Ford would have done like Scion did. My first generation xB came with a DVD so you could see and hear how to set the radio, etc.
On my pg 38, it's not very specific. [???:)] I'll figure it out eventually. Do you know if my car has the active grille shutter?

·
Registered
66 Posts
CMB76,
I am not sure about the active shutters on your car. You can look through the lower front grill and see if they are there. They look like small horizontal blinds. I recommend you visit the ITIS website GhiaFan listed 8/20/11. Using your VIN number you can get a list of all the build items on your car. If you have one it will be listed there. The name will be Kysor....

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
CMB76,
I am not sure about the active shutters on your car. You can look through the lower front grill and see if they are there. They look like small horizontal blinds. I recommend you visit the ITIS website GhiaFan listed 8/20/11. Using your VIN number you can get a list of all the build items on your car. If you have one it will be listed there. The name will be Kysor....
Oh my car does have it! Thanks! [thumb]

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Contacted my ins. co. n told them bout fords security system n got a whole 6 dollars a year off. Lol
LOL Well, you could always use that money to...ah... [scratch]

1 - 19 of 19 Posts