Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would think its easier for the manual guys to get WOT data logs then with an auto.

How would i get a WOT in 3rd 2-4500k? When ever i try that it wants to kick down into 2nd and then peg the RPMs

The manual guys could just take off in 2nd or third and floor it and the RMPs will just slowly rise up till you reach the RPMs needed.

Can i force the auto trans to stay in 4th when i floor it? I dont see any way to do this.

·
Premium Member
4,739 Posts
If you roll into it slow enough it wont kick down a gear

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you roll into it slow enough it wont kick down a gear
So no matter what speed if im in third and roll into the throttle slow going WOT it wont down shift?

I wish i knew when 2nd gear was past its speed so i could floor it in third and know it wont shift down into second.

·
Premium Member
4,739 Posts
So no matter what speed if im in third and roll into the throttle slow going WOT it wont down shift?

I wish i knew when 2nd gear was past its speed so i could floor it in third and know it wont shift down into second.

I wouldnt say anyspeed, your gonna have to find the sweet spot to stay into 3rd

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sweet spot to stay in third is at 67mph.
What are the RPMs? and is that the default shift point setting?

Ive messed with the shift points in the SCT and you can adjust the WOT shift from 1-2 like -3mp up to +3mph i believe. Same with 2-3 and 3-4

It feels like when i put 2-3 at -3mph it shifts way early and the RPMs arnt up that high making it a little easier but i just havnt done enough runs.

He needs 2500-6500 and the last time i tried i was doing 90mph and i was only near 4500 [ohcrap] I think the shift points at WOT were on 1-2= 0, 2-3=0,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts