Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My SEL sedan doesn't have a spoiler, although I'd like to add one in the future.

I just wanted some real world shots of sedans with the decklid spoiler so I can see how much of a difference it really makes style wise.

Some side profile shots would be great, along with any other angles you feel like throwing in.

This is an excuse to go take more pics of your car! lol

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts
I don't have any pics of my car, but I'm sure if you do a Google image search you'll find plenty. The spoiler completes the rear imho.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I have an 05 ST with the low (non SAP) spoiler. I removed it, because it interferes with the rearward view, as when parallel parking and understanding what following traffic intend to do. Just keep this in mind when choosing a spoiler. IMO, a very subtle lip spoiler would look goon on your sedan, Good luck

·
Registered
155 Posts
Here are a few of my Titanium with a spoiler.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I'm trying to figure out how much the spoiler costs.

If my math is correct, Sports Package is the only way to add spoiler to sedan SE.
SP is $895 for sedan, $695 for hatch (which comes standard with spoiler).

If everything else is the same, does the spoiler cost $200 bucks for the sedan?

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts
Your math sounds right, Dave, but does that mean it will come painted at that price like it does if you get package?

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Your math sounds right, Dave, but does that mean it will come painted at that price like it does if you get package?
accessories.ford.com, primed spoiler is under $300, find a reputable body shop to spray+clear it for cheap and have Ford install it so they can't bitch at you later on, should be under $400.

That's the route I'll be taking, I believe. Maybe even my dealerships body shop will hook me up with a paint deal cause the car is brand new and I could find a cheaper painter elsewhere guaranteed.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here are a few of my Titanium with a spoiler.
Thanks! Looks great! Perfect because we have the same color too.

Btw... wouldn't happen to want chrome headlight housings would ya? ;D haha jk, if I had bought a Ti I'd never get rid of them. Here's to hoping someone wants chrome enough to trade me!

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
91 Posts
Looks pretty legit. May check out that route once I get the cash in hand. Thanks for the good find!
No problem! I bought a lot of parts for my last car ('11 Mustang) and eBay was always king. Pretty much the parts you need just much, much cheaper. When you cut out the middle man everyone wins!

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No problem! I bought a lot of parts for my last car ('11 Mustang) and eBay was always king. Pretty much the parts you need just much, much cheaper. When you cut out the middle man everyone wins!
Very true. I avoided eBay for my Mazdaspeed 3, but it was all performance and I wasn't going the cheap route.

But this will be a spoiler, just for looks, can't go wrong really, and they have a good reputation on there too, so I have no worries. Awesome!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Thanks! Looks great! Perfect because we have the same color too.

Btw... wouldn't happen to want chrome headlight housings would ya? ;D haha jk, if I had bought a Ti I'd never get rid of them. Here's to hoping someone wants chrome enough to trade me!
I might part with them if I can pick up projectors from the European Titanium one of these days.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
The spoiler looks nice however i got an sel instead of the titaniun partly cuz ot the spoiler being standard w the ti. Here in the north spoilers are snow catchers only n serve no other function. I had a spoiler on a fusion and it really interfered with rearward vision n im not short.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The spoiler looks nice however i got an sel instead of the titaniun partly cuz ot the spoiler being standard w the ti. Here in the north spoilers are snow catchers only n serve no other function. I had a spoiler on a fusion and it really interfered with rearward vision n im not short.
The fact that the trunk lid is angled downward gives me hope that adding that short spoiler won't interfere too much. I'll sit in one at my dealership first though to see for myself.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thanks for the find, I'll look into my options when I plan on this a little bit down the road

1 - 20 of 22 Posts