Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am a new sedan owner 2017 which I think she is the mk3 ? I know the sedan is 6’’ longer but what about suspension stuff ? I want to stiffen my suspension and get some good cornering can the ST sway bars and springs fit my sedan ?

·
Vive Les Revolucion!
4,034 Posts
HEY! Welcome!

Short answer is no, but it's a bit more complex than yes or no. the ST suspension IS different, but some parts will still interchange without issue. If you want to stiffen the car up, there are plenty of options for the NA focus which will give you the desired ride and stiffness you want.

Sent from my SM-T113 using Tapatalk

Reactions: felixthecat

·
w/ my magic bag
29,455 Posts
You'd have to change out the rear up rights to do that...one look underneath a st will tell you....

·
Vive Les Revolucion!
4,034 Posts
I didn't know the sedan was 6" longer. Is that just for the MK3.5? Interesting, bc I got a Focus hatch rental in Germany last year, and I noticed that the hatch area seemed longer/extended vs US models.
It's for all MK3 and MK3.5s. (AKA Pre-Facelift and Post-Facelift cars). The hatch is the shortest, the sedan is the middle, and the estate is the longest. Fortunately, all the changes in the length are behind the rear wheels. so, if you wish to use a hatch exhaust, it would need to be lengthened 6inches, but if you wanted to import an estate exhaust, you would have to shorten it by an inch or two.

·
Vive Les Revolucion!
4,034 Posts
Okay, so, Hatch is the shortest, then the sedan, which is roughly 6inches longer, then you have the estate, which is an additional inch over the sedan.

Suspension from any trim level EXCLUDING ST will fit. Near as everyone has been able to tell, the entirety of the length related changes happen behind the rear axle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts