Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok.....well..I have a Oxford White Ford Focus LX sedan.... and I went to purchase a spoiler for my car. Well....I was on ebay and found a bunch of companies that make Factory Replica spoilers (I bought one from ebay cuz the dealership asks for WAY too much for the same spoiler)

Well the company said that they can match ANY factory paint code color...Well I gave them my paint code (YZ) so they could paint my spoiler. Well.....A few days later I finally received it in the mail.

When I had the spoiler installed onto my car, I had noticed that the color on the spoiler was a slighty, more polished color white. It is slightly noticeable, but you can tell the spoiler is a little lighter shade of white from the rest of the car. The company even said that they matched the spoiler to my factory paint code (YZ).

So.....my question is......

Does anybody know why the spoiler has a lighter tint to the paint, and is there anyway that I can get it fixed to match the rest of my car? Where can I go for the cheapest price to have it re-painted...and could they match the rest of the car?

·
Fear the TurboSnail!
6,625 Posts
Try waxing your car. It might match it up do to the fact the spoiler has a newer paintjob than your car.

·
FoFo Lover.
2,884 Posts
Yeah I had a shop in town put a spoiler on and it only cost $300 painted. I did notice that I was MUCH brighter than the rest of my black car. I waxed my car twice a month for 3 months and now it matches perfectly. It just needs some time to fade.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts