Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm cheap. That's why I bought an S. I'm not sure how much painting will cost. I think last time I saw someone post $100+ for another car.

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
It isn't nearly that much if you do it yourself. For something like door handles, you can do it for like a $25-30 investment in bits and bobs.

As much as you spent on a new car, you'd be disappointed with eBay "chrome" parts. They'll not look as good as you want and won't last as long as you would think.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Everyone knows a Focus is a beater car, right? It's in the same class as a corolla, civic, elantra, and forte. Let's not elevated to a premium class. Especially my little S.

No one noticed the huge body panel gaps. The inconsistencies in the interior trim. I might have to take pictures and post as a new thread.

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
Well, if you don't care about your car because it is a beater, why are you concerned with the door handles?

·
Registered
7 Posts
That's how you get information. Insult the individuals you're trying to get it from.

If you're not trying to ask someones opinion (which will come naturally with the information you requested based on your " I'm cheap" attitude) why are you displaying yours by classifying the car as a beater?

Your best bet is to do it yourself, as Benkap suggested.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Everyone knows a Focus is a beater car, right? It's in the same class as a corolla, civic, elantra, and forte. Let's not elevated to a premium class. Especially my little S.

No one noticed the huge body panel gaps. The inconsistencies in the interior trim. I might have to take pictures and post as a new thread.
Now maybe Ford skimps on the S but my SEL with the 303A package is simply sweet and well appointed - it feels good inside. I've owned two Corvettes (a '66 and a '69) and a '68 Jag 4.2 liter E-type and our new Focus beats them hands down for fit and finish. [cheers]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts