Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After months of noise I finally jacked up my 2001 focus zetec sedan only to find the stock flex pipe and muffler all rusted out. Well I have a new flex pipe on order but I can't find any exhaust for my car. I'd rather not go back to stock, but I don't want to get killed on price either. Will exhaust from a zx3 or zx5 fit? Can someone recommend an aftermarket kit? Please help me out. Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The only exhaust for a sedan that I can find is an Ansa model sdf1320. Can anyone give me any input or other info. Thanks.

·
I <3 my SVT
1,761 Posts
from what I understand, all underbodies from every focus from 2000-2010 are the same, except the wagon. The sedan will work with any exhaust. however, I have also heard that the end pipe of the exhaust might need to be extended for the sedan, which is NO big deal at all for a reputable exhaust shop.

just the tubing (you would need to purchase your own mufflers)
http://www.mandrelexhaustsystems.com/servlet/the-14/00-dsh-04-FOCUS-EXHAUST-TUBING/Detail

Full complete exhaust system
http://www.mandrelexhaustsystems.com/servlet/the-206/00-dsh-04-FORD-FOCUS-EXHAUST/Detail

If I were you, I'd also upgrade the flex pipe with their larger one, it helps with making better power. stock flex is tiny!

Matt

·
Registered
370 Posts
I got my borla or my sedan for like 350 or something like that. I have to find out what it's called

·
Registered
79 Posts
FSwerks is the best by far i have the race muffler and love the sound can be noisy sometimes but you will get use to it i had a magnaflow before and was not happy at all and way over paid

·
Registered
79 Posts
I didn't really notice any drop in mpg felt some more power out of it cold air intake and exhaust is great to have very happy with mine

·
Registered
25 Posts
I highly recommend both trubenz and fswerks, both are excellent systems. What kind of sound are you looking for

Sent from my Radar 4G using Board Express

1 - 9 of 9 Posts