Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first was a parking lot door ding that took a half a dime sized out of the passenger door handle. Touch up paint on the way.

The second is slightly more serious.

The wife is at someones house. Parks in the exact same place in the driveway that she has at least 20 times. Husband backs out of the garage and clips the front bumper, driver side.

Looks like a repaint of the bumper and getting the headlight to fit right again. At least it had 2000 miles on it, barely.

Sure, his insurance will take care of it. But the car will never be the same (I've painted cars). The wife will be out hours of headache getting it done.

You have no idea how pissed off I am at that moron.

Sorry, had to vent.

Rant over.

·
Registered
364 Posts
sorry to hear that. i fear the day i notice the first scratch, dent, or chip on my car. i hope it never happens, but i'm trying to be realistic. unless we put them in bubbles or put bumper car borders around them, they'll always be susceptible to dings, scratches, and chips. =(

·
Registered
243 Posts
The first was a parking lot door ding that took a half a dime sized out of the passenger door handle. Touch up paint on the way.

The second is slightly more serious.

The wife is at someones house. Parks in the exact same place in the driveway that she has at least 20 times. Husband backs out of the garage and clips the front bumper, driver side.

Looks like a repaint of the bumper and getting the headlight to fit right again. At least it had 2000 miles on it, barely.

Sure, his insurance will take care of it. But the car will never be the same (I've painted cars). The wife will be out hours of headache getting it done.

You have no idea how pissed off I am at that moron.

Sorry, had to vent.

Rant over.
Sorry to hear that! And you have such a BEAUTIFUL Blue Candy Focus (I am biased). I dread the first scratch....

·
Registered
800 Posts
My Candy Blue got nailed by a hail storm 1 week after I got it. Dents, broken windshield and some spots where it actually broke the paint and tail lamp. Took it to the Ford dealers body shop and I have to say, after a new windshield, taillight, new hood and roof cut in and a lot of patchwork all around I couldn't tell it had been damaged. I know how to look, worked auto body myself and restored several cars. Having said that I agree it wasn't the same for me, I knew it was redone and I just wanted a new car, not a repaired one so I traded it up for another one. Feel for ya!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts