Focus Fanatics Forum banner

61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Swapped my winters to my summers ~165K and noticed I need to do a TRE on the driver side and the pass side control arm bushings are bad. I'm going to buy two new control arms (as they come with both bushings and a ball joint) and replace the one bad TRE. The is the biggest repair I'll have to do to date, still going to be under $120 :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
New to posting to the forum!
2011 Focus SEL Blue Flame Metallic (bought it in 2012 with 14,000 miles on it)

Will hit 277,000 on my way home today. Expect to be over 300K by July / August 2020.

Work done:
  • on the 4th set of tires
  • front brakes (upgraded to vented and slotted, second set of pads on same rotors)
  • AC condenser (soldered fitting the top developed a crack thus stopped working)
  • Spark plugs at 180K
  • K&N Air Filter
  • Shocks and struts (have replaced twice)
  • Front Lower Control Arms
  • Sway Bar End links
That is all folks! Great little cars. No rust. All highway miles. Thanks for reading!

·
Registered
24 Posts
New to posting to the forum!
2011 Focus SEL Blue Flame Metallic (bought it in 2012 with 14,000 miles on it)

Will hit 277,000 on my way home today. Expect to be over 300K by July / August 2020.

Work done:
  • on the 4th set of tires
  • front brakes (upgraded to vented and slotted, second set of pads on same rotors)
  • AC condenser (soldered fitting the top developed a crack thus stopped working)
  • Spark plugs at 180K
  • K&N Air Filter
  • Shocks and struts (have replaced twice)
  • Front Lower Control Arms
  • Sway Bar End links
That is all folks! Great little cars. No rust. All highway miles. Thanks for reading!
Very nice! I hit 250K last week on my 08. Like you tires, brakes etc.

Rear drums (bearing went out), struts once, went with gas so they are hold up great. my sway bar end links and control arms are original and all very tight.

Replaced the passenger side motor mount 3 times. Only seem to last 70K or so.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Our 2008 1.8 petrol Titanium ran was absolutely fine up and just hit 100k before being written off :(. It needed some suspension work, but other than that it just asked for routine servicing :).

61 - 64 of 64 Posts