Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will manual front seats from a 2006 ZX3 fit in a 2003 ZX3?

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Should bolt up but if you have airbags you may run into some issues with them.

·
Max8
2,858 Posts
Yeah, I think the only problem, if any, would be the airbag sensors.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
You shouldn't have any problems with the airbags, I don't think they were even an option in 2000 (at least I know my '00 ZX3 didn't have airbags). You'd basically just make sure to connect the wiring for the seatbelt sensor and bolt them in. The only other wiring you might have to do is if the seats you're installing have power height adjustments or seat heaters. I put a set of SVT seats in my '00 ZX3 and it was a breeze.

*edit* Just realized that you had an '03 (I somehow read it as an '00). The premise is the same though; If you already have airbags, you'll just have to make sure to connect them. If you don't have airbags, it'll be much easier.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All my stuff is manual. Those seats have airbags, but mine don't so I'm not going to worry about hooking them up. Thanks guys.

·
Ehh...
6,265 Posts
post pics, i was interested into doing the same thing.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I'm hoping to get to the place to pick up my new seats today. We have had 14" of snow in the last 8 hours and my fofo is buried I tried my hardest and only could get half way out the parking lot. I'm waiting for my room mate to get back in hopes that we can take his Buick and go get them.

·
le kittens meow
1,747 Posts
im swapping 07 2 toned grey and black leather into my sedan this week. I think theres airbags in these new seats, so im actually removing them and selling them

so i geuss im hoping they fit lol, i was told they would. I was told that any seat will pretty much swap in and out without to much trouble.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea they do. The only problems is the ones from four door cars don't tilt forward for rear seat access like the ones in the ZX3's do. So you have to go from four door to four door or 2 door to 2 door. Don't know bout the 08 and up stuff though.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Hate to drag up an old thread but.....

So the seats (both front and rear?) from a '00-'04 will directly replace those in an '05-'07 and vice-versa, except for the aforementioned airbag issues?

·
фанатик
5,056 Posts
The front seats; for sure. The back seat; not so sure. IIRC, ZX4 rear seats will not fit a ZX3/ZX5. I'm not 100% on that though. [shameful]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts