Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there is the crank under the driver seat. Still feels like I'm sitting on a box. Has anyone installed after market seats that are lower?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There are quite a few after market seats on eBay. I'm considering trying out a set. Was wondering if anyone on here has swapped out the stock seats.

·
Registered
16,191 Posts
Look for airbag system trouble if any bags in seats and the seat may have sensor in it for loaded or not. Wiring issues once the seat gets changed are a large part of posts here.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, there are sensors in the seats. Would have to either short the inputs or provide the correct resistance. Not that big of a deal.

·
Registered
16,191 Posts
There may be on later seats that have to figure in child vs. adult weight on pass sides for airbag response forces, the BCM looks for an intelligent answer there. Dunno if Ford has gone there yet................my Nissan has.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This post was created to find out if there is a gain in headroom with aftermarket seats. Has anyone installed seats that provide this?

·
w/ my magic bag
29,453 Posts
This post was created to find out if there is a gain in headroom with aftermarket seats. Has anyone installed seats that provide this?
Of course you'd have to change out the seat brackets as well.......

·
w/ my magic bag
29,453 Posts
Yea at first it seemed kinda odd that the H-point was high up as it was, took me a bit to get use to it, but after awhile you get use to it & now it doesn't bother me. I did lower the steering column down w/ spacers thou.....

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea at first it seemed kinda odd that the H-point was high up as it was, took me a bit to get use to it, but after awhile you get use to it & now it doesn't bother me. I did lower the steering column down w/ spacers thou.....
6 years and 120k miles, still hate how high they are.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts