Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I remove the whole system for the air bags / Seat belt crap? Where is the dinger? Can i remove it? If there is a central unit that triggers these useless lights and sounds, Can it be removed and the lights never be on again?

And yes... I wear my Four point harness, even when I'm not in the car. :)
It's a Rally Car now, and all these lights and bells are useless.

P.S. 2004 Focus ZX3 Manual everything.

Attachments

·
Registered
218 Posts
The airbags are pretty easy, just unplug the unit under the console and take out the bulb. The seatbelt minder can be disabled...the directions are in the owners manual. It will go from the repeating thing to a standard warning buzzer.

If you want to just remove them totally, you can just unplug the belts and remove the bulb. I took them out of the wagon totally and the Central Timer Module (CTM, where the chime is) still works fine for everything else.

·
Registered
218 Posts
CTM is the big module behind the inside fusebox (Central Junction Box -- CJB), the airbag module/sensor is on the floor under the center console, behind the shifter.

You can't really remove the CTM...it controls pretty much all the timed functions of the vehicle. Your wipers won't work...at least intermittent ones...dome lights and a couple other things at least.

·
Registered
384 Posts
If this is a offroad only car now i would tear out the airbags,the controler unit for them. Follow all the wires back and remove them, pull the light out of the dash and everything. Same gues for the hvac system and stereo.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts