Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm looking into converting my interior to an svt interior and trying to find some power seats. however i do not have power seats currently and am wondering if this is a direct swap. are the fuse plugs where the seats plug into the floor and they work that way or is there other wiring that needs to be done?

·
Registered
459 Posts
I'm curious here too... just got some SVT seats and have the same question.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I belive I was told the harness is pre-wired for power and heated seats and that all that need to be done in put in the fuse and plug in the seats. I think some one said it was cheaper to make 1 harness already wire then 3 or 4 diff ones. You can even if the harness doesnt wire right up make the seat power its a very easy mod and all you need to pull is some line to the seat with the right current to make it work without an issue. Also the only power part of the seat in SVTs(even my racaros) is the up down thing, I woulda figured theyd make more power crap in a 23K car but o well LOL

Hope this helps a little
-Nick

·
Registered
459 Posts
1SVTFocus said:
I belive I was told the harness is pre-wired for power and heated seats and that all that need to be done in put in the fuse and plug in the seats. I think some one said it was cheaper to make 1 harness already wire then 3 or 4 diff ones. You can even if the harness doesnt wire right up make the seat power its a very easy mod and all you need to pull is some line to the seat with the right current to make it work without an issue. Also the only power part of the seat in SVTs(even my racaros) is the up down thing, I woulda figured theyd make more power crap in a 23K car but o well LOL

Hope this helps a little
-Nick
Big help- thanks. Sounds like this should be a pretty basic swap, then. I'll gets some pics up when I'm done.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts