Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering if there was any way to get that seat belt light to shut up when your not wearing it.[:D] [:D]

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Sounds more like a joke LOL. I can just see someone in there car messing with the seat belt trying to get this to work.lol Reminds me of my sport track. To fix the compass you have to go to a big parking lot and drive in circles.lol

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yes, this is a fact: this "fix" is listed in the Factory service manual. It does work, only it resets after some time -- and the darn belt minder starts dinging again. At least it did on my car. I tried it only once and was too lazy to do it again after that.
P.S. I didn't see any blinking as it's described in step 5, 7 and 8...

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Lil_RedZX3 said:
I did this on my Ranger, but I haven't done it yet on the Focus.
Well, I tried to do it. For some reason it didn't work. I must've skipped something. [:D]

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
why dont you jackasses where your seat belt so i can talk to you later. maybe you drive good but maybe there is a rh3tard3d 16 yr.old that just got his licence and likes to drink and just so happens to swerve and do some head on action with you and hes driving his dads FISO F-150....??? think the seat belt is gonna save you from kissing his grill or the window. I HATE PEOPLE who DONT wear there seat belts. it takes 1 second to put it on. i cant drive without the seat belt on i dont feel safe....if you actually saw a d00d fly out his windshield and lay on the floor then maybe you would put your seat belt on too. but you jokers go ahead cause you will never die so just dont wear your seat belt then. when mr. jackass 16yr.old hits you though dont cry.

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,891 Posts
Ya, not wearing your seat belt is not a good idea if you want to walk away from a fatal accident.

But I think this would be a cool Summer time mod. I like to open my hatch and doors and crank the tunes when detailing my car and I hate hearing that damn ding inbetween songs or quiet parts...

·
Registered
109 Posts
Gees! I turned my chime off because I have Corbeau seats and belts. If you don't use the factory belt and connector the chime will endlessely go off. IT SUCKS!

Seat belts are there for a reason... wear them.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
The way to fix it is wear your seatbelt its there for a reason yeah it is uncomfortable at times but it can save your life (sorry to sounds like the law but anyone who comes in my car wears a seatbelt or doesn't ride just the way i was taught)

·
Registered
963 Posts
worked for me the first time

and if i choose not to wear my seatbelt, how does it effect you in any way shape or form?/
if i go thru the windsheild then i guess thatll tech me huh? no skin off your ass right?

·
Registered
109 Posts
bacc231 said:
worked for me the first time

and if i choose not to wear my seatbelt, how does it effect you in any way shape or form?/
if i go thru the windsheild then i guess thatll tech me huh? no skin off your ass right?
Thats another way to look at it. We are adults...

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
I tried the mod like 5 times everytime did everything exactly how it described it would and how I would be notified that it worked(had the directions printed out and sitting next to me)and it still didnt work. And I have the same feeling as focus mike I feel naked without my seatbelt on.

And to bacc231: Sure its no skin off our ass as you put it but I'm pretty sure that it would effect all of your family and friends pretty strongly, try thinking about it like that.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
It isn't any skin off my arse you don't have to get all defensive about it just saying No need to die over something so stupid but to each there own if you don't like to wear it don't as Zetec has stated its not just you who will be effected by your descion just hate to see senseless death I kinda get that naked feeling if I don't wear my seatbelt I need something 2 hold me back

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
I'm with Seb I feel naked without mine on, first thing I do is buckle up.

·
Registered
382 Posts
if you feel naked put some clothes on lol...just playin...but yea it would be nice to have that sound go away but when you die thats gona be the last sound your gona hear..not your friends, family or girlfriends, its gona be that anoying chiming thing and your gona be like "o
&%#@ i wish i put the dam thing on i didnt think this would happen to m....."splat as your head hits the windsheild and you die....i guess its gona be a closed casket for you...maybe we should seat belt you in for shiats and giggles....

i wear me seat belt do you wear yours....?????

1 - 20 of 31 Posts