Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It started Saturday, had to yank real hard to get it out. Now it goes together hard and comes apart hard. I'm taking to carrying a pocket knife but if I get in a wreck where do I put it, can't get it out of my pocket with the belt fastened.
I called the dealer and they are going to look at it tomorrow but said he would have to order parts if it needs replacing. I asked for a loaner and he said they don't have loaners.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
The catch portion of the connector sticks 'upward'. Maybe something went into it? try turning it 'down' angle and shake it and bang on it a little. Maybe something (dirt or a bit of paper) will fall out, and it will be OK again? [dunno]
Certainy worth a try.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
fixed

OK, going to bare my soul. I spilt a lot of Pepsi on it Saturday, wife reminded me, and after cleaning some with alcohol it's much better. Don't you just love the cup holders? It was one of those skinny bottles and it was full before I made a sharp turn, afterwards if it hadn't of been cold I would have thought I had a personal accident :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
I spilled soda over a week ago and mine just started doing this today. I didn't think I got it anywhere but in the cup holder area. I'm gonna give this a try and see if it helps before I call the dealer. Seems odd that it only happens every once in a while though.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I poured about a cup of alcohol down mine, it helped but every other time I used it it would be very hard to release. I next tried contact cleaner with the same results. So Saturday I took the bolts out that hold the seat down so I could turn the seat and get to the bolt that holds the seat belt on. Took it off the seat, ran hot water down it for a few minutes, blew it out with my compressor and put it back together. So far it has worked good now.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
All in having the right solvent, alcohol doesn't dissolve sugar like water does.

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
after all that cleaning, maybe it just needs a bit of oil.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
same issue here, no spilled soda inside mine though..
HI bama_focus,

I recommend you head to your dealer to have this looked into. They'll be in the best position to assist in repairing your seat belt.

Meagan

1 - 10 of 10 Posts