Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I am new to the forum and was looking to throw out a question that you all have probably seen and answered a hundred times before me, but here goes...?

What aftermarket parts are worth my money?

I drive a 2001 ZX3 that I purchased used in October. Yes it is an automatic so if that changes anything in performance parts choice, please tell me. (Now before you gun me down for getting an ATX please know that the choice was beyond my control because an injury from youth has limited the use of my right arm.)

So if you would be so kind...in your opinions, what would be the top three items to shoot for in tuning and upgrading my ZX3. ...Specific manufacturers and all.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
there is a lot of knowlege in that post ^ good job this thread is killed. : )
before i go now im gonna have to say consider focus central there products are awsome. hope you enjoy modding your car.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is there any more?

- Don't kill the thread

Thanks silverfoci very much for the info. I actually have looked at most of those sites already. But i'm looking for more specific information - i.e. If someone has had their car Dynoed before/after with specific parts...? I can look at catalogs and lists all day but they don't really tell me much.[?|]

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
90% of the aftermarket are worth the money.

top 3, very simple

1: UDP
2: intake
3: exhaust

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
my favorite intake is the volant, its expensive, but with cars u get what u pay for. throttle body is a good one, the added throttle response from a 65mm t/b is more than worth the cash. full exhaust is something to consider too and some cam gears. all depends on ur budget

·
Registered
951 Posts
I have a ZX3 ATX myself. So far I've added the Magnaflow catback, Iceman intake and FC TB. I've noticed a lil more spunk and plan on doing more modding in the near future.

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
yeah what euro said is true almost all the time, you get what you pay for, but also,like cars, the aftermarket parts themselves loose alot of vlaue when being sold used, and alot of them still work perfect, so take that into consideration[:)]

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cheswick , PA.
Born and raised
I spend every friday night at Lernerville with my brother running our Push Truck.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I added The Volant intake with the Magnaflow cat-back.Been very happy with the added performance.I do drive mtx 5 speed though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts