Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m having a helluva time locating a catalytic converter for my 2004 Focus SVT. I’ve read that there are people who can custom fabricate one so I’m here to beat the bushes. I live in NY so it must be NY/CA Emissions Compliant.
Any leads would be greatly appreciated....

·
Registered
142 Posts
RockAuto lists this one, I'm assuming its for SVt as it lists only 2002-2004 manual trans:
That's not the correct aftermarket part for the SVTF.

Here's a sample/vendor site with a pic showing Magnaflow OE style Catalytic Converter for the SVTF... Unsure if it's still a two-chamber....

Magnaflow 52298 Two-Chamber Pic/Photo

Here's the only one available DIRECT from Magnaflow & appears to be 49-state legal only... plus pics show a single chamber unit. Unless the pic is inaccurate & it's still a two-chamber unit...

Magnaflow 52298 SINGLE Chamber

....................................................................................................................................................................

Here's an eBay listing and pics of the ORIGINAL OEM Cat that fits the SVTF [used].

SVT Focus OEM Catalytic Converter USED

·
Registered
39 Posts
C-F-M (Central Florida Motorsports) has them also in performance oriented packages, but do you really need to replace it? I was having resonance noises under car and took to my local exhaust/muffler shop that I'd been using for a while on diff cars and had always been straight with me. I thought it was loose heat shields they had welded up for me sometime back to stop the rattlin', but they told me was the cat coming apart inside, so I started shopping for one. Got under the car for something else one day and found both the O2 sensors were loose and rattlin' around making the noise. Boy was I ever pissed, and yet so relieved I didn't need to buy a cat for it. Just be sure you really need one, that's all I'm sayin'. :)

·
So mote be it
8,889 Posts
That's not the correct aftermarket part for the SVTF.

Here's a sample/vendor site with a pic showing Magnaflow OE style Catalytic Converter for the SVTF... Unsure if it's still a two-chamber....

Magnaflow 52298 Two-Chamber Pic/Photo

Here's the only one available DIRECT from Magnaflow & appears to be 49-state legal only... plus pics show a single chamber unit. Unless the pic is inaccurate & it's still a two-chamber unit...

Magnaflow 52298 SINGLE Chamber

....................................................................................................................................................................

Here's an eBay listing and pics of the ORIGINAL OEM Cat that fits the SVTF [used].

SVT Focus OEM Catalytic Converter USED
yeah i always worry (and assume) most of these pictures are just stock/generic and not the actual part

1 - 10 of 10 Posts