Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what COMP and AVC means on the stock single cd player. I played around with it and noticed some differences, but wanted to know exactly what it means.

·
Banned
263 Posts
AVC is auto volume control. will turn the vol up as speed increases and down as it decreases o keep a constant volume with the windows down.

·
Detailing Freak
348 Posts
comp is audio compression if im not mistaken... i believe it helps with the high amount of compression there is on mp3/burned discs, as well as compression on cd's as well

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome. Thanks for the quick responses. What would you recommend for the settings on these?

·
Banned
2,814 Posts
COMP does indeed mean compression - and it works just like a pro audio or musicians compressor, i.e. it squashes the dynamic range so that, among other things, you hear all the quiet bits in music better in the far-from-perfect audio environment of a car driving around.

This is especially important with, say, classical music and old album rock; however, today's pop/rock recordings (meaning everything since the 90's), assuming that's what you listen to, are ALREADY so compressed that COMP won't do much for you.

I don't use either AVC or COMP because I'm super-critical of audio and can usually hear them working to the degree that they annoy me - but they're nevertheless cool features.

·
Registered
936 Posts
AVC is very much a personal preference setting. Play around with it and see if you notice differences at different speeds. Its a cool feature that I kind of miss now that I have an aftermarket HU.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts