Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I've had a few questions about the performance with my 2008 Focus. I currently have around 75k miles, and I got it last year with almost 50k on it. I've recently cut off the resonator and muffler about 2 months ago. Lately, I've noticed that my performance isn't what it used to be. I originally thought it could be something with the exhaust but my mechanic brought SeaFoam to my attention. Do you think if I added that to my gas tank if it would make a difference? Also he stated that it can be poured into a vacuum hose in the engine. Would you recommend this? Please help me! I would like to get my fofo back to it's original state!
Thanks,
Brian

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
seafoam will help and most people (at least how i see it on youtube) use the vacuum hose for it. idk alot about it though. try searching on google for more info and youtube for some tutorials.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Haha seafoam is cool I seafoamed my dads ranger a few years back and the smoke it makes is hilarious I did it the the vaccume line it didn't hurt the truck in any way..not really sure how much it helped but def fun to do

·
I <3 my SVT
1,761 Posts
I have seen a measurable difference in mpg's by putting half a can in the tank, and the other half into a vacuum line. Like 1-2 mpg calculated. And if its helping mileage that much, I have to believe its helping performance too.

How are your plugs?

Matt
Posted via FF Mobile

1 - 4 of 4 Posts