Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to sea foam my GF's car, does anyone have a picture of where the best vac line to put into the intake manifold.

Thanks.

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
See that sensor attached to the fuel rail at the very bottom/center of the picture? There is a vac line attached to it that is good to use.

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
Seafoam is a cleaner that basically dissolves carbon buildup and can clean fuel systems. Basically if put through the fuel system it cleans it. Suck it up through a vac line it will clean out the intake and the combustion chambers as well as the intake valves. Or you can put it in your oil a couple hundred miles before a change and it cleans out everything in there. Personally I don't like adding things to my oil though....

On older carborated cars it would probably work better as our fuel injected ones are much cleaner anyway but hey it can't hurt. Done it on my focus and got a huge plume of smoke. lol. Pissed the neighboors off.

Oh by the way to the OP. The picture provided is of my 05. If your GF has a Duratec (was put in some cars from 03-04 and then standard in all from 05-current) then this picture would work for you. If it is a Zetec, SVT Zetec or and SPI then you will need another pic. lol.

Although the brake booster line always works well...

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
On older carborated cars it would probably work better as our fuel injected ones are much cleaner anyway but hey it can't hurt.

Not really.......... Every EFI intake manifold (non-throttle body) I've ever taken off has been a gooey mess anywhere before where the fuel injectors are. And every carb intake manifold (or TBI) has been clean.........

The gas from the carb or TBI keeps the intake clean. EFI manifolds are only clean after the injectors. (blame the PCV valve for the goo)

·
Registered
312 Posts
i used seafoam in my civic that i had a few times, i ran it through the intake manifold by sucking it up through the vacum line that was attached to my brake booster, it worked great the first couple of times i used it, the last time i used it, it fouled out my o2 sensor on the exhaust manifold, just fyi.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts