Focus Fanatics Forum banner
101 - 104 of 104 Posts

· Registered
116 Posts
Wait, didn't the Diamond Star Motors / Eagle Talon or whatever they were named FWD cars come from the factory with > 300hp at the wheels? That would put SAE net HP somewhere around 330.

I remember hundreds of stories of how they were running sub 14 second 1/4 miles straight off the dealer lots. And with something like a $0.06 washer or $0.08 turbocharger modification they were running sub 11 second 1/4 miles, or so were the stories.

I believe they hold the record for quickest accelerating FWD cars in stock configuration.
The mid 90's talon tsi and eclipse gs-t/gsx were turbo 4 cylinders. The gs-t was the only one with FWD. The talon and gsx were both AWD. Plus, from the factory, they were making just over 200hp. They were fast cars and the aftermarket was/is insane for them but making a minor mod to the turbo isnt going to put you from 14's to 11's in the 1/4. Unless you consider a "minor turbo mod" a brand new HUGE turbo being installed.

· Registered
165 Posts
I had a 91 eclipse GS-t FWD turbo, it had 195 hp...the 95-99 had 210hp stock...they had LOTS of of aftermarket products but to make them run 11's your dropping more then a few cents lol. Your not going to run 11's just with a bigger turbo either, it takes some serious mods to get those cars into the 11 range. either way the ECM's in those cars were junk, the capacitors leaked after a few years, found that out the hard way. Luckily my dad is an engineer and he fixed it for less than $5, while others were paying over a grand to replace the ECM. Not to mention I took the car to 3 shops and the dealer and they couldn't figure out what was wrong with the car, when I went to a forum and was told instantly the problem! That car was nothing but problems.

101 - 104 of 104 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.