Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Se Vs. St

9216 Views 103 Replies 36 Participants Last post by  n8 dawg
This kid I go to school with his parents just bought him a 2014 st, he keeps telling me how slow my car is and stuff like that. What performance mods can I do to beat him in race? I already did the snorkle delete and drop in filter. Thanks
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
299 Posts
This kid I go to school with his parents just bought him a 2014 st, he keeps telling me how slow my car is and stuff like that. What performance mods can I do to beat him in race? I already did the snorkle delete and drop in filter. Thanks
Lol, are you drunk or something [poke]. You will not beat a ST with your Slow SE. This is it.

Mods, close the thread.

· Registered
299 Posts
I don't recall him saying the kids ST was modded. Plus, I see plenty of STs that stay stock. Why? They are worried about warranty. Anyway, I know they can beat us easily but that doesn't mean we have to give up either. There are definitely SEs that can beat STs. As I said, many witnessed this at FocusFest. No specifications given. All was asked was if there was any way to mod an SE to an ST. I proved you wrong and many others can stand behind me. Now this thread can actually be closed.

It should have been closed after post 2, or before post 3, you deceide.

Anyways, I love my tuned SE but my tuned ST was way faster. From a dig it was burning tires but from a roll, it would have destroyed any MK3 SE.

· Registered
299 Posts
Good post.

I just dyno'd with a 2014 st. He had cai, "aggressive" tune, and 3" cat back. The car put down 250whp and 350whtq. Tq curve peaked from 2500-3500 and dropped sharply. Irregardless of the sharp decline, mine only put down 172whp and 157whtq. Add a header/exhaust and it might do 180-185. It just doesn't compare, His had double the tq of what mine did. You would honestly need nitrous, supercharger, or turbo. Nitrous being the cheapest.
Don't tell that to Paaparacer, he will tell you it is possible to beat an ST with his SE.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.